Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is IM/LR actually useful?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Wolfgard, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Wolfgard

Wolfgard IncGamers Member

Is IM/LR actually useful?

I've already maxed out my skellimancer/bspear build at lvl86 and need some advice on the skill points i'll get later on. My character:

20 RS/SM
    1 revive + all 1 prereqs
    1 summon resist + all 1 prereqs
    20 bone spear/bone wall + all 1 prereqs
    all 1 in curses except IM, life tap and lower resist

Currently I'm thinking of pumping CE with my remaining points as I'm planning to play on till lvl90+. Do I need IM/LR then? As of now, I don't see any need for them but most guides (including your skellimancer bible) recommend 1 point in every curse. Can anybody advice?

Btw, without much gear (i don't mf alot), is 200 vitality points enough? Or should I spend into dex for blocking?

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

eh, 1 point into LR won't hurt because it'll make your CE that much more effective against stone skin ghosts, who's immunity can't be amped away.

But your using bone spells so it's not very neccessary

Iron maiden is a prereq for lifetap, so duh is what I say to having a point into it :p

I don't think blocking is something you'd have to worry about with a summoner. So I'd say just pump vit.

3. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

If you are going to use blocking make sure to use a good shield with a high % chance to block or it will cost you a great deal of dexterity. The Homunculus is a good blocking shield for a skellimancer and bonemancer and the Trang Oul Wing is a good one for a poison necro.

4. Wolfgard

Wolfgard IncGamers Member

I'm abit confused on this one. LR doesn't affect physical immunities, right? So why LR when there's an unbreakable physical immune boss? My skellies don't do elemental damage, and bone spear doesn't work since it's magical damage. How can it help then?

5. quiksilverhg

quiksilverhg IncGamers Member

They were talking about using corpse explosion which does it's damage 50% fire, and 50% physical, so the only way to hurt this monstrously PI would be with the fire from the CE. The lower resistance would make the Fire part of the PE more effective