is ik set good for fury/rabies?

amperel

Diabloii.Net Member
is ik set good for fury/rabies?

hi. just acquired a carriond wind recently and am planning to do a rabies/fury ww druid. probably would max rabies, max fury, max oak sage, rest into lycan and werewolf and one point in each summon. or is it bear better to go with rabies?

gear wise i have ik maul/belt/gloves/boots. i was wondering if anyone has any experience with it and how it performs compared to say like bonehew/reaper or other weapons/gears.

i was also worried about the resists since there'd be no shield with 2 handed weapon. it'd be great if u could list the gears u use to compensate for the lack of resists. i'm thinking of probably "lionheart" and jalal (which i need to get). thnx a bunch!
 

alainpp66

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I planned on doing a similar build but I planned to make use of the weapon switch. (I also don,t have the Belt)

Plague Bearer With a Dol.

You use this for Rabies and to spread the disease. Hit a few monsters from different angles so they encounter others.

Then switch to the IK Maul and fury away.

The IK maul is just quick, and that's important with Fury.

The reason it's worthwhile to go with the Maul and the set pieces is if you encounter a monster Immuned to Physical and Poison, you can still bash away and bring him down.

Reaper's Toll may cancel physical immunity, but they'll also slow down the monsters and the poison won't spread as much.

Using the weapon switch will also allow you to have a Shield with Resists for when you need it. (Ex: closing the gap on ranged attackers)

For the rest of your resists, Lionheart is a great idea. Bramble if you could manage it.

An Upgraded UMed VMagi would be nice for the +1 skill, Defense and Resists.

If you're pressing at low lvls, Smoke can get the job done. You can always turn to charms for a kick as well.

One armor, if you have the runes to spare, that would work VERY well to cover your Resists and increase your damage would be Chains of Honor.

Edit: Forgot to mention 1 thing... Trangs Gloves. Using the IK Belt, Maul and Boots will do well enough but Trangs gloves will really give you a kick.
 

BadCarma247

Diabloii.Net Member
amperel said:
hi. just acquired a carriond wind recently and am planning to do a rabies/fury ww druid. probably would max rabies, max fury, max oak sage, rest into lycan and werewolf and one point in each summon. or is it bear better to go with rabies?

gear wise i have ik maul/belt/gloves/boots. i was wondering if anyone has any experience with it and how it performs compared to say like bonehew/reaper or other weapons/gears.

i was also worried about the resists since there'd be no shield with 2 handed weapon. it'd be great if u could list the gears u use to compensate for the lack of resists. i'm thinking of probably "lionheart" and jalal (which i need to get). thnx a bunch!

I am currently using, Ik maul, boots, gloves and belt. And I have to say it works really well for me. I do about 4.6k damage. I can take care of phys immunes and demons and undead just bow to me. Im still lookin for IK armor... that thing is so freakin hard to find and really expensive.

In my maul i have a shael and a 40ed jewel. So its really fast. I love it.

As for resists, right now since i dont have ik armor im usin Smoke rune word which gives me 50% resists and Jala which has 30%. I have other resist charms but right now ive got 75% resist in fire and lightning, bout 45% in cold and poison. But i do just fine.
 

arilzo

Diabloii.Net Member
BadCarma247 said:
I am currently using, Ik maul, boots, gloves and belt. And I have to say it works really well for me. I do about 4.6k damage. I can take care of phys immunes and demons and undead just bow to me. Im still lookin for IK armor... that thing is so freakin hard to find and really expensive.

In my maul i have a shael and a 40ed jewel. So its really fast. I love it.

As for resists, right now since i dont have ik armor im usin Smoke rune word which gives me 50% resists and Jala which has 30%. I have other resist charms but right now ive got 75% resist in fire and lightning, bout 45% in cold and poison. But i do just fine.
Yesterday I paid 2 gul runes for IK armor, it kicks ***!! All I need is a few poison charms to have max resists. Upgraded Jalals, raven frost ring.. Need one more ring and a great amulet, and I'm close to "perfect" :) Extremely satisfied with my IK build.

edit : I also of course have IK maul [15ias, 38ed] (room for improvement here), IK boots, IK gloves and IK belt.
 

amperel

Diabloii.Net Member
how do u guys distribute your stat points? i'm currently allocating exactly 180 points in str so that 180 + 45 from ik gloves/belt gives me just enuf str to equip ik maul. the rest i put in vit with base dex - my rationale being that without shield i really need a lot more life than usual.

right now i have max rabies, max lycan, max fury, 10 in ww, 5 in oaksage and 1 in each animal. i'm agonizing over whether if i should max os or ww or put more than 1 point in feral rage. my thought is that since i'm not planning to place any points in dex i probably should max ww to increase my ar - or if 10 in ww is enough? also i'm really tempted to put more points in feral rage seeing it really adds a lot to my attack. i wonder if maxing it is worthwhile - input from anyone with experience would be greatly appreciated. my oaksage tend to die easily if i didn't pay attention so i didn't put any more points in it. since i'm playing hardcore - i don't want to be in the situation where i find myself suddenly losing a big chunk of life or worse - dying, because of my weak os.
 

Burnt_toasty

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey,
Look, feral rage is a filler. Its what you switch to when mana drained. Otherwise its not that good comparitively. Same with OS. If you ahve to really on health taht evaporates the minute your OS takes 2 hits, then your in a sad state. If anything, start leveling a Holy Freeze or Defiance merc to augment yourself.


Yes IK rocks the world. And Im glad people are realzing how godly the armour compo is for a druid. You get so many godly mods its not even funny. Look it up.

Maxing OS means 2.5 hits before he dies. IMO get a merc. Survives longer and acatully does something beyond the first 30 seconds of combat.

12,500+ defense on my defiance merc alone with eth glad bane and gaze.
 

mepersoner

Diabloii.Net Member
...you use feral rage first....

When you run out of mana and use feral rage... you're using attack.
 

Burnt_toasty

Diabloii.Net Member
mepersoner said:
...you use feral rage first....

When you run out of mana and use feral rage... you're using attack.

Why would he feral rage first? His setup is supposed to be primary fury and rabies. The only problem hes gonna encounter is if he gets mana burned. Thus switching to feral rage in this manner will not only allow a normal attack to carry out, but hopefully also begin the mana leeching process to recycle his bulb back into FURY/RABIEs format. For him to start Feral rage as an attack seems contradictory to what he wrote. For his architype the points into Feral Aren't as beneficial as elsewhere because hes splitting precious skill points into 3 attacks when he can at most do 1 at one moment.

As for waht he should put it in? Summons might be more effective because of the optimal use for his skill points.
 

SorsScriba

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick question on this theme but does anyone know the current price of a ladder Bramble? You would think with the rune dupe craze people might have made them then not wanted them afterword and are willing to sell.
 

~Kazama Fury~

Diabloii.Net Member
SorsScriba said:
Quick question on this theme but does anyone know the current price of a ladder Bramble? You would think with the rune dupe craze people might have made them then not wanted them afterword and are willing to sell.
which realm

IIRC, theres price guides in the trade forums.
 
Top