Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is Honor Colussus blade still viable?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by triqui, Apr 2, 2004.

1. triqui

triqui IncGamers Member

is Honor Colussus blade still viable?

Hi.
    Im back to diablo after a couple of years. i have now a barbarian in lvl78, im on hell, and have discovered that hell, well , is a HELL :uhhuh: My sword is crappy to get through levels. (i use swordguard). I need a better one, and im thinking if good old honor colussus sword will be enough (in pvm, of course).

Plus another thing i have discovered, and has screwed me :rant: I cant leech mephisto. so my level 20 ww is totally useless against him. :cheesy: . I have to kill him with lvl 1 concentrate, and take quite a lot of time with my crappy sword :scratch: Which boss or runn should i try?

2. hittitian

hittitian IncGamers Member

1) Unless you get equipped with bunch of expensive stuff, it will be very hard to play solo in hell with barbs. You can get him an honor but wont be much different from swordguard.

2) So, you need MFing to get your barb good equip which is nearly impossible with low level barb without massive dmg weapons. Join party games again and again that runs through act 1. You will get some goodies such as elite rare stuff, charms, and even runes. Trade them to get a good stuff you want to get.

3) Join quest games till you get to Baal runs. You won't contribute that much, so do BO/shout to support party members. Level up and shop good old Larzuk for cruels as in 1.09 days. If lucky, you can find really good stuff during baal runs but don't expect too much. Then, you can come back to act 1 when your barb hits level around 85. With cruel weapons and couple of ptopaz stuff, I would say the barb is viable for pit runs. You will find a lot of stuff there that will eventually make you rich.

4) If you really want to hunt meph, I'd say to give up barb. Get a meteorb/blizz sorcs. They will do their job well once if you're experienced with finding durance 3 entrance.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

honor isn't enough for hell.

barbs can't do meph well anymore.

a cheap good sword is crescent moon legend sword. -35 ias, 200+ ed, magic absorb, casts static, etc.

best run imho is a5su's for barbs, but even then, zons can do them faster.

4. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

if you do not have anything better and have the 5 socket cb, go for it, but if you keep an eye out and id all the swords you find you can find a good rare thats better then the honor, or even botd, gf or any of the runewords. its just very rare to get an ethereal sword with 400+ed and ias, but it can happen