Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is guides arrow worth it?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dark Sword, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Dark Sword

Dark Sword Banned

Is guides arrow worth it?

Ok well i like amazon build and mostly bowazons but me i have always put atleast 10 points or maxing guided arrow. But is it really worth the extra points for that extra damage? Because once i tried a zon with just Guided magic arrow and strafe and it was pretty fun but once again was guided arrow really worth it?

2. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

Guided arrow has fallen far since 1.09. It no longer pierces multiple times as it did (Burrito guide anyone). IMHO it is now a one point wonder, maybe useful for PvP, but limited in use PvM.

3. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

In PvP, it is still really good... for PvM, I'm not so sure.

4. Dark Sword

Dark Sword Banned

Ok i decided not to make a new thread because it's kind of related, ok do skills on bow's stack up like on a ravenclaw will those explosive arrows stack on to my explosives or magic arrows like on a wizendraw?

5. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

as far as i know they dont, the 'fires xxx arrows' is only applyed to normal attacks with the bow or correct me if im wrong here strafe, so when fireing the explosive arrows your skill lvl counts and the bows dosnt get activated. (plz if im wrong someone correct me)

6. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

If the bow says "fires XXX arrow" then, no, it does not stack with your skills points.

DudSpud

@Deaddave - the "fires XXX arrow" only happens when you use a normal attack and does not work with Strafe, Multi, or any bow skill. And yes, if you use a bow skill it overrides the "fires XXX arrow."