Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is duping items still possible in 1.10 ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by feerie, Jan 30, 2004.

1. feerie

feerie IncGamers Member

Is duping items still possible in 1.10 ?

I am not bring this up to dupe items myself. I tend to stay pure legitimate myself. but this morning I have traded my +2 jav,spear skill/20 ias/4other mods pair of gloves for 2 runes (Gul and Zod).
    Are those gloves worth that much? So, after the trade I started wondering 'maybe those runes are duped lol...'

I remember old days when duped items were all over so I tried not to trade at all. Is duping items still possible in 1.10?
    If that is true, is there anyway I can detect them so I won't get mugged. ^^

Or else that guy who gave me Gul & Zod was just too generous.

2. Any1

Any1 Banned

There was recently a duping spree, that lasted a few days. It has since been patched by Blizzard. It seems a lot of high-end runes and high-end rune-word weapons/armor go reproduced. This was on ladder BTW. So the price of these items fell drastically as a result.

3. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

He may have been too generous.

4. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I'd say he participated in the dupe and, at the same time is too generous. Those gloves aren't worth one of those runes, let alone both. My money is on him being a duper, who was extremely desperate for a pair of gloves like the ones you had.

I don't believe there have been any mass item dupes, but i know for a fact there have been at least two mass rune dupes. I'd count on the runes being duped, but AFAIK there's no chance of them going poof.

5. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

basically yes, runes don't have the fingerprint like the other items have so there's no telling which one's duped and which one's not. Unless there's a chance in some upcoming patch or serverside fix to add the fingerprints there (too late for already existing ones though), this will remain the same and sadly there will be new ways to dupe, there always are :(

6. octa24

octa24 IncGamers Member

if this is on west NL, i'd do the same offer if the gloves have 4 other nice mods such as leech/dex/resist, etc.

gul has no value, and zod is cheaper than ber/jah/ohm in trading channel (depends on trader though).

7. breez

breez IncGamers Member

There is an id for runes now. The trick is to upgrade runes so they will get a new id and runes don't go poof then.

8. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

*sigh* no there is not, just open up a single player character, search for a rune, load it up in atma (which shows the fingerprints and older UIN codes), and bam, nothing...

9. DeathHawkTheMad

DeathHawkTheMad IncGamers Member

The whole point of the rune dupe in 1.10 only being on Ladder was because the dupers were duping the runes then cubing them up to the next rune up giving them a new ID thus preventing them from being deleted, if a rune that is duped gets deleted in the next game joined logically it must have some form of ID for it to be deleted. Otherwise why did all the dupers "perm" their runes by cubing the dupes up.

10. breez

breez IncGamers Member

Maybe realms is different. Maybe your ATMA doesn't work. Who knows? The fact is that duped runes will go poof in realms if they are not upgraded.

11. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

That's odd, I heard that if two duped runes were put on the same character, without being socketed in something, that they would go poof. Also there is absolutely no reason to believe that the duping was contained to the ladder. It is very probable that the same people who gave us the white ring, duped entire accounts full of zods and bers and guls, and are sitting on them until they think it's the right time to unload them. of course they probably did this like a year ago, so no big loss.

12. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

i take it ur not talking about ladder there seeing as it reset :p

on non ladder this probably did happen yes but the economy is so screwed on non ladder anyway im sure no one will mind. i mean the only things that you can trade nowadays are Ohm, vex, Jah, Ber, Zod and 6 socket ethreal weapons of various descriptions!!

ah well, thank god for ladder!

13. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

There will pretty much always be private dupes/bots going around the realms, that's how sites have so many mass items to sell.

14. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk IncGamers Member

I just saw an advertise for a new dupe-method yesterday :(

Someone said it loud in the channel.

-Sparrow

15. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Anything someone is spamming in channels is bound to not work at all or just be a backdoor or a virus or something.

16. Anthcrazy

Anthcrazy IncGamers Member

Indeed. Why are non-ladder prices so messed up? I've been trying for over one week to get a Windforce and no one will consider trading it for less than 40 SOJ! I remember two months ago someone tried to GIVE me a WF. What I find most interesting about non-ladder trading is that there are huge ammounts of even rare items available on the market. Everyone seems to be willing to trade these items, but not for less than "market value." There is no way the 45-50 Windforces I saw last week were sold for the ammount wanted. Simply, there is not the demand to support such prices. What ever happened to trading for what you wanted, and not for some artificial construction of worth? You could never USE 40 SOJ on your chars, so why have them? *sigh*

17. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

In one of the beta versions runes gained GUIDs like every other item - these don't happen on Single Player characters in the final version, but it's possible that the BNet Realm servers operate in this fashion - remember that whoever's running the server can set the rules, to a large extent.