Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is Dragon Talon a one point wonder?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by sweetalmonds, Apr 20, 2008.

1. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Is Dragon Talon a one point wonder?

To use it or not with just one point and +skills. Assuming 7 frames, maxed venom and using Dancers or up'd Gores. Tienje mentioned using normal attack but anyone know the damage difference?

2. TienJe

TienJe IncGamers Member

Re: Is Dragon Talon a one point wonder?

if its for a ghost, the ideal choice would be to use dclaw. i usually don't like dtalon on the ghost because it has kb (thus ruining shadow stack), which defeats the purpose of the secondary melee attack.

all three attacks will basically do about the same amount of damage, neglecting a few special situations.

3. Bliphgar

Bliphgar IncGamers Member

No, it's not.

4. sweetalmonds

But shouldn't opponent be well stunned reguardless and tele should give you minion stack when chasing? It knocks back which is a pain cause you have to run up a bit for the next attack, but I'm playing hybrid which means only fool's GT of horrible damage for me. Have you read speederlaner's ghost guide? He sugguest kicks but never mentions other forms of secondary attack is it because he belives kicks stun better?

5. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

On a ghost using a fools gt of horrible damage, I would probably use a level 1 base dtalon over dclaw. I havent really found the kb on kick much an issue when stomping on players with shadow stacked, you should stay stacked most of the time, kb is only on the last kick in the burst and in my experience it's not that often it becomes a problem.

Dclaw is good to take advantage of the claw mastery, but imo only really shines when you have high damage claws. If its just venom/ow, kick would probably work better, faster attacks hopefully stun/blocklock your opponent more, more chance for firestorm proc due to more attacks.
    Oh and in case you didn't know, the fools (as long as its on your primary claw) will transfer to dtalon, even if the character screen doesn't display the ar gain from fools on kicks.

6. TienJe

TienJe IncGamers Member

speedlander uses dtalon for damage, which is where i sort of differ. the only time i use dclaw/norm/dtalon is against necros when i want to stack to negate bone spirits (and other homing missles), and i've found that the little bit of kb on dtalon is enough to cause me trouble when there are bone spirits flying around. whenever i don't care about summon stack, i'd personally prefer to use ww over anything else.

but regarding the OP, dtalon is a 1pt wonder in context of the ghost, but if you are using 9 shadow gcs, you should have more than just 1 point to invest in it, should you choose to use it.

7. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

i put a point into 'talon on my hybrid'sin.

i like it.

8. sweetalmonds

I need more DR :undecided:

9. fullflavor

fullflavor IncGamers Member

its quite usefull to place 1 pt for a pure trapper just in case she gets bored or needs to deal with immunities.