Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is Dragon Claw a good attack?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by tl998, Mar 1, 2004.

1. tl998

tl998 Banned

Is Dragon Claw a good attack?

Even though it is no longer interruptable in 1.10, is this still a good move to use? I was thinking of going with no chargeups and just use DC. Is it worth maxing? At level 20 it givesyou 145% damage bonus and 515 AR bonus. I'm very determined to make (remake?) a physical only build using Nat's set. Will probably use a mercenary with reaper's troll, and will equip an atma's scarab.

EDIT: Both strength and dexterity give equal bonuses to an assasin's attack right?

2. tl998

tl998 Banned

No one has any ideas?

3. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

STR and DEX give equal bonuses to claw damage, but DEX in this case is obviously better due to AR/DR benefits.

Personally, I'd rather put points in CM rather than DC - CM will outdamage DC over time, esp. if you're using elemental chargeups against PIs, as CM gets used more often.

I'm pretty doubtful about the success of a pure DC build in Hell....a lack of AoE skills and just plain low claw damage will cripple you. If you're set on the build, though, be sure to max Venom to supplement your DC damage.

4. tl998

tl998 Banned

CM? you're talking about claw mastery right? Of course I plan to max that. I'm thinking of 20 venom, 20 DC, 20 CM, maybe 15 in SM, 8 or 9 in WB, and of course one point in all the prerequesites and one point wonders.

Darn it...if only nat's boots were Mymidion boots...

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

when I played a DC sin in .09 I had the same problems nali mentions, lack of AoE skill, had to mind blast and then run like hell, but it was alot of fun, might resurrect the build if I can get up to speed on 1.10 changes

6. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

You really need at least 2 strong elements to survive alittle in hell without running away for like 50% of all monsters. Venom won't be that great in hell to kill PI's. You're gonna need a 2nd elemental attack (or 3rd actually if you count venom too) in order to get a decent PI killing attack.

7. tl998

tl998 Banned

I'm thinking that withAmplify damage or Decrepfify, I can break the immunities of most monsters. I really, really want to use my nat's set, and I don't really know what build the set would go well with. Any ideas?

8. Quickmind

Quickmind IncGamers Member

I've got a level 77 DC assassin in hell right now, and it's really tough. I have DC maxed, and CM either close to maxed or maxed, and some other stuff, along with maxed shadow master. The game was a breeze until Hell. I have 2 bartucs and a jade talon I use, but my other equipment isn't that good (defense just over 1,200, I think). Defense is key for this build, especially when dropping the shield. I would also recommend elemental attacks and tons of leech. Cobra strike can be nice, but you'll probably end up having to charge that often in hell, and that doesn't use all of the AR bonuses from every skill you'll use, which means you'll hit less. Delirium helm can be nice, from my experience. I was lucky enough to make that once, and it made a huge deference.

I hope this little bit helps. This build can be tough without awesome equipment. Good luck!

9. Cedrig-HKW

Cedrig-HKW IncGamers Member

if you want to make a c/c pvp asn.. dragon claw is the way to go.. dont use charges in pvp.. they take too long to charge....

10. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

If you're rich you can go for Chaos and get Whirlwind for your AoE damage. Another option is shadow killer. It' has a 33% chance of casting frost nova which should slow the crowds down for ya. Lastly, I'd drop a point into Death Sentry just for the CE, again to help you with crowds.

11. tl998

tl998 Banned

I don't pvp. I am strictly pvm, and I am nowhere near rich. I put all of my savings into getting nat's set. So you guys think I should try CoT and Pheonix strike maxed and one point in DC? I still don't know what's a good build for nat's set.