Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is confuse bugged? REDUX.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Anidem, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Is confuse bugged? REDUX.

I earlier posted a thread asking if any other necro has had trouble with the confuse spell morphing to other curses. I believed I have figured it out.
    I happens in cows were confuse morphs to Amp and the arcane were it morphs to weaken. It only happens within curse range of the summoner which has led me to conclude that if a caster monster curses you while you have a pack of monsters under confuse the confused monsters are treated as enemies and are cursed like your char. is, therefore confuse is owerwritten.
    I have treid this with 3 diff necros so it is neither gear ofr other player overcasting. Try it yourself. do you think its a bug or an unknown effect of Confuse?

2. tl998

tl998 Banned

This is not a bug. This is the intended effect.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

I'll check it out. I hate it when curses get overwritten.

4. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

I too have noticed this "bug" many times on my mephy runs, and here's how i think it works :

When you confuse an enemy, it is treated as "converted" but you can still attack it, unlike an enemy that has been converted by a mind blast from an assassin.

It would seem that you cannot confuse a pack of monsters that have been spawned with a "rare" (a golden non super unique) monster, because they are under his/her command. However, if you confuse a pack of monsters and one of them is attacked by a rare monster with the ability "cursed" from another pack, all of the confused monsters and yourself are affected by its curse (?)

I noticed that this is how it worked while watching those big Maulers wail at each other..

This is how i think it works, but hey, i could be wrong... :scratch:

More info needed!!! :)

5. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

Further inspection on this matter has revealed to me the following:

Confused monsters are not, in fact, converted. They are merely given a new list of "priorities". While their normal no 1 priority is beating the crap outta players, confused monsters think that their no1 priority is beating the crap outta their own kind, and then players.

If you are standing alone with just 1 monster near you, and you confuse it, it will still attack you..

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

the curse doesn't morph, it is overriden

As confuse makes the monster fair game to all.

7. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

Exactly :)

8. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Wow. The ability of confuse to be overwritten totally nukes a skill that is intended to keep monster occupied more that to kill directly. It is extremely frustrating to have it overwritten by another cures causing an avalanche of monsters, but to have it done by an offscreen caster just BLOWS!

Just another reason so many people don't play HC.