Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is concerntration worth points

Discussion in 'Classic' started by thorsa, Sep 13, 2006.

1. thorsa

thorsa IncGamers Member

Is concerntration worth points

hi

i am starting to build a hammerdin for solo cs runs
    how does concerntration work and does it have an affect on bh
    i was going to allocate points like below

20 bh
    20 ba
    20 vigor
    rest to holy shield

i am guessing u cant use concerntration with bh at the same time

Thanks

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

You CAN use both at the same time. Put Concentration on the Right mouse button side, and BH on the Left mouse button side, instead of the normal attack. You'll have to use Shift+Left mouse button to cast hammers.

Don't max out holy shield until BHammer, Vigor, BA and Concentrate are all maxed.

3. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

:shocked:

Concentration + Blessed Hammers is the core of all Hammerdins. Max these in order: Concentration, Blessed Hammers, Vigor, Blessed Aim, rest to Holy Shield.

Also, you can use BH + Conc at the same time. Put BH and Charge on Left click, and put Conc and Vigor on right click. It will take some practice, but the general idea is to use BH + Conc and Charge + Vigor to get the desyching (clag) effect.

- Akukami

4. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

it's not part of the "uber elite" build to put one in salvation, but I normally do.

I myself find surviving infector's occasional spawning with conviction and/or a bout of a lower resist curse cast upon me at the same moment that someone hits a seal to be quite helpful in not having a "full death"

I know I have saved many party members by having it on a hot key as well.

one that was missed, is put one skill in redemption. if you go pure vita build, and solo/raid games with base energy, you'll need to redeem your kills to replenish the mana bulb. (or drink blue pots like a fiend)

the clag/DeSynch effect is most useful for pvp/duelling. with vigor+charge I can quite often run past monsters at the gate and first 1/3 of the CS run without waking them up (until I make the mistake of charging full on head first into one *sheepish grin*)

5. thorsa

thorsa IncGamers Member

ok Guys Execellent thanks

6. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

I agree- in HC, Salvation is a huge help when questing in tight spots with elemental attackers, and in SC Salvation is great for getting you or a party member to a corpse without putting on backup gear. For party play with another Hammerdin, a second concentration aura is useless so running Salvation or Meditation works well there.

Whether or not to max Concentration right away is also a decision that depends upon whom you are playing with. If there is another hammerdin you are playing with, then you may be happier maxing the Vigor and Blessed Aim synergies first if you are always close enough to another hammerdin to use their Concentration aura, particularly if theirs is already level 28 or something with better items than you have.

7. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Yes, but you're not always going to have that second Din around, so it's better to make sure you can kill on your own.

- Akukami

8. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

even 3k hammers will kill.... eventually :p ;)