Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is Blaze pre-buffable ???

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by jox, Sep 29, 2006.

1. jox

jox IncGamers Member

Is Blaze pre-buffable ???

Hello all,

I'm looking to build a blaze/orb sorc in pvm. My question is... is blaze a prebuffable skill ? as in... If I cast blaze holding hoto and spirit and then switch over to harmony for the vigor aura and run like the wind will my blaze still have the damage ?

Thanks !

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Blaze should be prebuffable. You cast it and it lasts for a certain amount of time. All the Cold armors work the same way and those are prebuffable, just like Energy Shield. Basically every skill that can be cast, which lasts for a defined amount of time is prebuffable.

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

But why would you want to? I've always thought of blaze as an annoying and weak spell. Maybe I need to check out a damage calculator again. Let us know well a blaze/FO sorc works will you?

4. jox

jox IncGamers Member

well I'm bored to death of the usual build... sure level 40 fire ball can blast any non fire immune monsters to cinder in seconds... but ... after playing Diablo for 5 years... it's getting monotinous... so I'm trying out some unsual builds. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of a Blaze based build. It has tons of fun factor in it. At level 40, blaze will do 3966-4042 per second and the fire will last for 42.6 seconds... and since it's prebuffable, level 40 or more blaze is not hard to achieve... the beauty about this skill.. at least in theory... is that since the fire lasts for 42.6 seconds, you can run over and over the same spots and the fire damage will stack. Imagine an entire screen on fire with stacked blaze damage... then you lure your cute little monsters to this carpet of death... muuaahhhh ... sorry... got a little carried away.... he he he. Anyways, combine this with a holy freeze merc holding infinity and you're rocking... gear wise, prebuff blaze with your normal gears... hoto, spirit, shako, enigma, mage fist etc... then switch over to a harmony bow for the vigor aura, wear mav's belt, nat's boots, (combined with enigma) and you've got enough frw speed to out run any tele porter (except through walls :wink3: ).

Drawbacks to this skill is of course fire immunes and stationary ranged monsters. For fire immunes, I'll use freezing orb. For stationary ranged monsters that are cold immunes... I'm thinking of either fire wall or hydra. Hydra will take a LONG time to kill with so few skill points invested in it... but its auto aim. Fire wall will only take 20 skill points... but aiming fire wall while runing around like a chicken with its head cut off is kinda tricky. I'm still thinking on that part.

I figured cold skills will take 26 points... max freezing orb, one point each into pre-req and cold mastery. Lite skills... just 3 to get static field and teleport. Fire skills... max blaze, max fire mastery, one into pre req and warmth... which adds up to 42 skill points. So total, I'm using 71 skill points, which leaves about 30 or so skill points left to get something that will kill cold immune stationary ranged monsters... Anyone have any ideas on this ?

5. MageChick

You might have to synergize your FO for a bit more damage, but even maxed Ice bolt is only 40% more damage. Not sure if its worth it. Maybe get some metoer fire damage stacked in there too? I can't say I've ever had the problem of having extra skill points left after my build was done.

After that blaze prebuff do you have any room to switch on some more -enemy fire resistance gear? I know there some new runewords that might help.

You get bonus points for being unique, but I think baal will be laughing at you. On the other hand, this will probably work real well for duriel. He normally just chases me around in a circle anyway. Just think, you could start the trend of duriel running (bad pun intended).

6. jox

jox IncGamers Member

As I've said before... this is done out of boredom... not meant as a boss runner or anything. After all, how many times can you kill baal ? If I can finish the game, I'm more than happy. Hand of justice and phoenix will give me -48% fire res... but that would mean giving up level 10 vigor from the harmony bow --> one of the fun factor of this idea... freezing orb is weak... even with maxed synergy, it'll only do around 490 damage per shard... maybe I'll go with a half synergized blizard... hmm....

7. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

I did Blaze/Hydra/FO.

It was really fun to make, but I ended up leveling FO too late, making things really hard starting hell.

Blaze is pretty strong, but a Level 1 Fire Wall is just as strong as a Level 20 Blaze, and it stays like that, level for level. Its just that Blaze rewards tactical stacking and such.

8. MageChick

yeah, I suppose all of the -enemy fire resistance runewords will compete with your bow idea, shucks. Every time I try to get creative I end up getting frustrated before I make it out of normal. Kudos to those who keep it original.

9. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

20 Firewall
    20 Blaze
    20 Fire Mastery
    20 Frozen Orb
    1 Cold Mastery
    1 fire prereq
    5 cold prereq
    1 tele
    1 warmth
    1 tk
    1 static
    = 91 points, doable at level 80. You could use the rest for Cold Mastery or Ice Bolt. It can definately work with enough +skills. Blizzard could have made it much easier by having Firewall and Blaze synergize each other...

10. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

Noite is right. Firewall and blaze go very well together. Blaze kills walking monsters, firewall wipes out those that stay putt. Plus, they have the same synergy skill (fire mastery), meaning you can still level up orb to do good damage.

11. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

Yeah, I was considering Blaze/Firewall but I went Blaze/Hydra since I never used Hydra before :)

Then I tacked on FO but that's a different story.

12. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

How about taking Blizz instead of Orb with Iceblast Synergy? :)
    Blizzwall, Blizzblaze :D