Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is Blade Shield any good?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by HellRaizher, Mar 28, 2004.

1. HellRaizher

HellRaizher IncGamers Member

Is Blade Shield any good?

Hi again...

I have a PvM Trap Assasin.

And I was wondering... Is Blade Shield Any good?
    Or is it not worth 1 skill pont?

2. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Unless your going for a "perfect" build, I say "Why not!", just like the sorcs cold armor, or a level 1 shout, if you can spare it, then why not

3. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

I like Blade Shield myself, it deals adjacent damage to all enemies alround you. Although damage such as Venom, Weapon damage, and others will be divided by 1/4. It helps in most situations.

[email protected]~

4. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

What about crushing blow? If you have alot (~80%) then blade shield would do some considerable damage!

5. Zero-unit

I'm not sure if Crushing Blow applys for Blade Shield, if it did you would be whacking all the monsters around you. But Crushing Blow works with ure enemies current life not their max. (Example: Monster has 4000 life a CB hit would reduce it to 3000 right? Now if you get a CB hit again divide 3000 by 4 and thats the amount you take. It goes on like that until they're dead.)

[email protected]~

6. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

In theory they never will die from CB alone =)

7. Zero-unit

Pure Crushing Blow you are correct, but thats why Blade Shield adds damage not from the skill alone but from all other types of damage.

[email protected]~

8. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

cb will not work w/ BSheild or BSentinel. Period.

THe fact that no mods are transfered to BSentinel and BShield, because it makes those skills almost worthless.

CB is nice on quick attacks, but these attacks aren't very quick. They have a pulse delay, which keeps them from doing damage to the same target more than once every second or second and a half.

They are "extra damage" because they are both cast and forget skills. But the damage on both is pretty small. For builds that use a weapon with good damage and max venom, BShield and BSentinel might not be too bad. Never put more than one point in BShield. BSentinel you might want to max them out if you plan on using them simply so they last longer. But remember neither skill is a real damage spell. It also can't be used to add any mods what so ever.

The one exception is cold damage from charges or weapons. Since elemental damage is passed on by both this skills the "chill" from cold damage can be passed on. Hit Freezes target does not work. But chilll can be a source for slowing.