Is Ben Laden arrested?

PublicEnemy

Diabloii.Net Member
Is Ben Laden arrested?

I have just heard the supposed arrestation of BL on TV;according to what i heard,he may have been arrested in Pakistan today
I have no links or info about it,so this is, at the moment,UNCONFIRMED news

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
ragnar_ii said:
I dont know if this is what your are talking about but this link may explain it all.
I doubt that´s it. That story is old and has already made the rounds.

I wouldn´t be surprised if they have caught Bin Laden. They announced a few days ago that they knew where he was. Imagine if they fail to catch him after going public with knowing his location. My guess is they acted as soon as possible after it was revealed/leaked that his location was known.

EDIT: I haven´t seen this news anywhere on the web and I´m too lazy to get up and turn on the TV.

What´s the source?

PublicEnemy

Diabloii.Net Member
ragnar_ii said:
I dont know if this is what your are talking about but this link may explain it all.
This is not what i am talking about
I have just heard that he has been caught in Pakistan,whereas in your fake he was arrested in Lebanon on january 23 th

tintrail

Diabloii.Net Member
Jigga-Scrooge said:
i know a kid named ben.
hehe, thats me. im ben. anyways, since the story is not on the front page of bbc, as it would be if he was caught, im going for no, he has not been caught.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
The source of the report just told the AP that he was misquoted. Gotta love it. He said that the U.S. could declare Ben arrested at will, not that they had done so.

I find this pretty unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past the administration to have bided their time with an eye on the election. Winter in Afghanistan is somewhat harsh, and the spring is when most of the fighting has started, as far as I recall. Why not tighten the noose during the off-season, and then actually get him when mobility improves?

I don't bother to post links to Yahoo! - they're likely to be bad within several hours.