Is ancient tunnels worth it?

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
As most of you know, the ancient tunnels is a popular place for magic finding. I have personally been doing a few runs lately, and i feel like this is a somewhat bad place for magic finding, since the monster density is rather weak and it can sometimes take a long time to find the trapdoors. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
High-level areas with a high monster density typically have tougher monsters. The CS might have a higher monster density, for example, but the monsters there have more life than those in L85 areas of lower acts and take accordingly longer to kill, respectively you need to equip more monster-killing stuff and less MF bonuses. It depends on the amount of bosses killed per second, multiplied by a factor that depends on magic find bonuses.

The Tunnels are pretty good for cold and fire sorcs and finding the entrance is a matter of 20 seconds for a teleporter... or just one second if you are on single player and have a map with the strpdoor next to the waypoint. It's a very good area if you don't have good gear yet. A blizzard sorc can kill there wearing nothing but MF stuff and perhaps a bit lightning protection.

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes that's true, but i find it pretty easy to kill the monsters in chaos sanctuary with my lightning sorceress. It's basically just a few hits with lightning or chain lightning, if you have a mercenary with infinity. I find the drops and xp to be better as well. But as i said, the most annoying thing about the ancient tunnels, is that you have to teleport around to find the trapdoors sometimes.

Last edited: