Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is ancient tunnel good for MF?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by yxx, Apr 23, 2005.

1. yxx

yxx IncGamers Member

Is ancient tunnel good for MF?

I got blizzard Sorceress, this my first char, just wondering where is good for me.
    Many people talking pit run, but it is hard, so many cold immune.
    I found ancient tunnel also has level 85.

BTW, I don't have any good gears, so I am very weak now. I use topzed helm and armor now, I guess will be better -:)

2. xxraiderxx

xxraiderxx IncGamers Member

Yes ancient tunnel in A2 Lost City is a good mf place.

3. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Pit, Ancient Tunnels, Mausoleum (near blood raven--cold immunes there, too,) and Worldstone Keep are all lvl 85. The WSK is hard, Maus doesn't seem to have as many monsters, and the Tunnels can be hard to find, so the Pit is most popular, but all of the rest are very good. I often run Pit + Tunnels in the same game, and I'd rate them about the same for good drops, so do whichever your character handles best.

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Thronerrom, River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary are alvl 85 as well.

Technically the Worldstone chamber has area level 85 as well, and Arreat Summit even has lvl 87 --- but without regular monsters they could be lvl 1 without anything being different.

These are the popular ones. If you like doing Kurast: both Causeway temples are lvl 85, as well as the "Forgotten Temple" in Upper Kurast.

Hm... seems I got almost of them listed already, so I might just add the others (that I know of):
    - Act 3 (not 2!!) Sewers Level 2 -> too small, long way to get there
    - Act 2 Maggots Lair Level 3 -> long way to get there, and not particulary huge either. Plus, the map layout is a bit of a problem for at least some of the popular builds.

5. yxx

yxx IncGamers Member

Thank you guys, now I am confident to do ancient tunnels. No cold immune mosters over there, even my blizzard only does 1.7k damage, I still can take it easily.

Thanks

6. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

the area list will also let you know where all the good mf areas are

7. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

For reference, my first IK armor ever dropped just inside the trap door there. This was about a month ago, after 4ish years playing. I almost always to pits and ancient tunnels on my mf runs.

~Bails

8. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

One thing of note in the maggot lair is that there are no fire immunes. I run the maggot lair with my enchantress and the layout works great for me. The narrow tunnels keep me from getting swarmed and I can still kill quickly on players 8. I'm on singleplayer though so I rerolled my map till I got one where the WP was right next to the lair. Once I beat Baal at around 81, I've been running it and getting about 40 mil exp for a full clear.

9. Gorny

Gorny Banned

If your playing a Sorc, you will have problems with elemental immune monsters in the pit, regardless of your gear setup. Your merc may help with some of this, but a better way to go with the pit in mind is to use a Hammerdin or Strafeazon.

10. Orbstu

Orbstu IncGamers Member

The only cold immunes you will find in the mauseleum are boses(not very often), all other monsters are lightning immune.

11. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

there are no psn immunes down in the pits either, so psn-necros work extremely well down there. (except for occasional superunique bosses :p )