is amazon skill critical strike leechable

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
is amazon skill critical strike leechable

when you shoot a arrow with a zon which has special mods(OW,CB) on her items and the skill critical strike, that attack can, in the most favorable case have these components :

Where leechable means you get life and mana returned if you have those features(ll & ml) somewhere on your items. So no necro curses involved here.

physical damage to the target == leechable
open wounds damage to the target == not leechable
crushing blow damage to the target == not leechable
critical strike(skill) damage to the target == ???

I guess it's not leechable, I would just like to know for sure.

Perhaps this should be in the stats forum.

windwingwind

Diabloii.Net Member
I havn't done any test so this is just my conjecture:

critical strike isn't a seperate physical dmg so the question doesnt make sense in the first place. In those 'hit' that had rolled a critical strike the physical dmg done is doubled and amount leeched is doubled too.

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
But Crushing Blow is also physical damage which is 'added' to the attack, yet that does not yield mana afaik.
OW is offcourse vastly different on many levels, so that makes sense that it doesn't leech(yet you do get ep when the monster dies because of your OW, though in that sense it's like poison)
Crital Strike is a chance to do double damage
Crushing Blow is a chance to do 25% of the monster's current life in damage.
Hence I guess critital strike and crushing blow probably have the same non-leechable status.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
But Crushing Blow is also physical damage which is 'added' to the attack, yet that does not yield mana afaik.
OW is offcourse vastly different on many levels, so that makes sense that it doesn't leech(yet you do get ep when the monster dies because of your OW, though in that sense it's like poison)
Hence I guess critital strike and crushing blow probably have the same non-leechable status.
Crushing Blow is not really physical damage in the most strict sense. It's a direct reduction of a target's hitpoints by a given percentage that gets added on top of your usual physical damage.

Critical Strike, however, simply doubles your physical damage, and consequently doubles your leech.

windwingwind

Diabloii.Net Member
No, strictly speaking Crushing bow is not physical dmg. To quote Tommi Gustafsson: 'Crushing blow is not damage but an ability that modifies the opponent's life amount before normal damage is dealt.' Although by design it is affected by +ve physical resist.

Note that CB effect is done before the physical dmg is done before the hit.

Critical strike, on the other hand, modify the Final dmg the hit do.

Final Damage = [...[Total Damage x Final Damage Multiplier 1] x ... x Final Damage Multiplier M]

M is the number of final damage multipliers

Critical strike affect M but CB dont.

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
Ah, ok, that explains a lot. So CB is actually more like OW(which sets a negative regenerate from what I read) in that it's a bonus rather then a actual physical damage modifier. And critical strike litterally modifies your physical arrow damage.

So, how does deadly strike fit into this ? It is said to be the same as critical strike.

On a sidenote, you can trigger OW in physical immune monsters when you attack using (a little bit of) elemental damage. You already typed CB cannot be triggered on PI's, are there other effects which can be triggered on them ?
I guess blind would still work. As well as cold slowed and frozen.

windwingwind

Diabloii.Net Member
Deadly strike indeed do the same as critical strike. When either DS or CS is in action the Final dmg multipler in the equation I quoted above become 2.

I'm not sure which effect can trigger on PI which can't, sorry :)

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
I speculate that Amp works after the actual damage you do has been 'descided' and thus after your amount of leech has been determined. Although we'd need a more knowledgable individual to confirm or deny this.

On physical immunes, Amplify damage removes physical immunity. Handy on a pure physical zon. :)

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Crushing Blow damage is reduced by Physical Resistance (and Damage Reduction) and subsequently does not work on Physical Immunes.

Open Wounds works on anything, as it's just a negative life regeneration. It's cannot be resisted, only reduced via penalties (ranged, PvP etc.)

Critical and Deadly Strike simply augment your current total Physical damage twofold.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Amp will help you do more damage, and it will make you leach more according to my observations. Amp shouldn't really have a parameter of it's own inside the damage equation, but rather just decrese the parameter used for physical resistance.

Infact if we just skip everything about the damage equations and just say monster Y lost X life because of the physical part of your attack, then you steal: X * LL / 100

(where LL = life leech in percent)

On a side note you might have a bit fun with this formula I posted at the necro forum a while ago:
The damage multiplier (here called Y) when using amp will follow the formula below.

Y = (200 - x)/(100 - x)

where the monster resist in percent is called x ... for example this gives 2x damage against 0% res monsters, 3x damage against 50% res monsters and 5x damage against 75% res monsters :wink2:
Refering to the acctuall damage you do comparied with what you would have done without amp. And the formula only applies to monsters with res 0<x<100.

therefore amp >> cs or ds

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
On a sidenote, you can trigger OW in physical immune monsters when you attack using (a little bit of) elemental damage. You already typed CB cannot be triggered on PI's, are there other effects which can be triggered on them ?
I guess blind would still work. As well as cold slowed and frozen.
Crushing blow can be triggered on PIs, it just won't do anything since they have 100% resistance to it- in much the same way that you can fire Fireballs at FIs, they just won't hurt them.

There's no effect that will not trigger based on a monster's immunity. If it triggers on a non-immune monster, it will trigger on a monster who is immune to any damage source in the game, from physical to magical. The only thing that immunities do is prevent damage of the corresponding type.