Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is a windy viable without enigma?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by C_Marfy, Mar 12, 2004.

1. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

Is a windy viable without enigma?

I play on europe, ladder and today I got an offer I could refuse. This:

Gale Circlet Tiara

+2 Druid skills
    20% fcr
    20% Cold, Lightning, Poison resist
    48% Fire resist
    25 to life

for a Highlords Wrath.

So really, I want to base a windy around this but I can't even afford a HotO, though I'm not completely sure...

Need a bit of help for what gear I could use instead, I'll post up a list of what I have later. Gotta go back to LoK: Defiance. :thumbsup:

2. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

is this for PvP or PvM?

did you refer to the guides link in the sticky section? you may find your answer over there.

3. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

I guess I was a bit to diffuse there. I'd like to be able to do both.
    Yes I've read fenris' guide, the one that is on the frontpage now, and another one that (can't remember the name of it) was purely pvm.

Now after reading about 2 pages of the discussion in fenris' guide I got tired of the trapper/absorb whine/chatter so I didn't read more of it. So I guess I might have missed some useful stuff there. My bad.
    ------
    I have all of the ordinary mf gear:
    Shako
    Skullders
    Goldwrap
    Nagels, 34 mf amu
    Gull dagger, Ali Baba
    49% War Travelers
    40% Chance Guards
    39% Gheeds

The thing is, I'm so tired of my blizz sorc. 5000+ pindleskin runs the last week, so now I'd like a char that can just stand there getting beaten and spam stuff like crazy instead of the blizz sorc mentality of: throw a spell, run away, throw a spell etc.

So which of that should I use? I want high kill speed and good mf, and also I would like to know if enigma is a must for pvp (and also for fast mfing), sooo, I need some help here... Really haven't touched the create druid button before.

4. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Is llike asking if a amazon was viable without poison back in 1.09.

Yes is viable. And enigma is BM in pvp (tho not all think so)

5. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

Never played 1.09. :p

I guess it probably is like that though, everyone here seems to say that "engima is must!!11", but I take your word for it.

Okay, so aldurs for the massive r/w or sandstorm treks or something similar for the stats? How much r/w should I aim for?

Also I have a gaen amulet of the apprentice (+3 to ele skilltab and 10 fcr) should I stick with this pvp or should I craft til I puke trying to get that elusive 2+ druid skill 15-20 fcr amu (,good resists, +stats)?

6. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

In public all use enigma, well, if u get one, up to u, if not, can have fun like that. For mf, is a must :pP Better use enigma instead of skudlers . As a belt, tals is better since has the nice mods as the damage goes to mana. For moving around use wizz, mana and faster cast, and lidless guard as shield. For killing the boss, swich to gull and ruthme runeword.

For pvp, aldurs is nice, Waterwalk is also nice for the life and dex, but have lower faster run. That amulet is goodly, use it all time, at least till u get the dreamed crafted (must be really good to beat that one).

Basically u need to change all gar when u go from mf to pvp, just read the gear section of an pvp guide and thats it

7. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

enigma itself isnt bm, its the teleporting. as long as you dont teleport. its ok.

then again, this is pub we're talking about, anything goes.

enigma's teleport on different class other than sorc should be considered bm in private dueling, but hey, thats my opinion, dont bite my head off.

8. Cantos

Cantos The Order of Dii Guild Member

There is a fat bold line dividing wind druids who have enigma from those who do not.

If you want to pvp without Enigma, you will need to be able to run very fast. Aim for like 150 FRW.

9. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Okay, it's like this.
    Without enigma, you will do fine against other people who don't tele.
    People with enigma, will probably tear you up.
    PvM, you will do fine, but slow, without enigma.

10. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 IncGamers Member

i working on a non-enigma wind druid for clan-honor, where tele isn't allowed -my pallys are hogging my lone enigma anyway. using ber skin at the moment, which makes it easy to hit 99 fcr break. other than no tele, biggest drawback without enigma is that it's hard to get str to use SS (without putting a lot of stats in str which is otherwise a waste).

11. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

Wow. I Guess I was attacked by the YOU CAN'T TYPE NOW demon right there, right after that asterix.

Also, would it the worth it going for that 165 fcr breakpoint if you'll most likely be using a wizzy and a viper(or possibly a stealth for the r/w) anyway?

12. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Too much sacrifice IMO. Unless you're doing a lot of high speed duels vs. desynch barbs then I don't see much point, and then you'd have to sacrifce too much. If you were using enigma for telepoting in duels I might say yes as well, as you need to be as fast as possible to keep up with the other mage classes.

-Mepersoner, Furry Admin

13. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

From personal experience I'd say about 85+% faster run is already managable enough for a non-teleporter. More faster run is only needed against ranged characters like bowazons since you have to get close to them for your tornado to hit.

Against people who teleport close to you, you actually have sort of an advantage. It saves you a lot of trouble getting close enough to them and if you can estimate/anticipate where they will land you can send in some tornados for free hits.
    If they start teleporting on top of you, just sidestep their advance or stand beside potholes so they will be blocked by the surroundings and land slightly further away from you than they'd like to.

If you play with a lot of defensive tactics, teleportation or not shouldn't make that much of a difference really. Offensively it is tougher because some people start to notice you're not teleporting and they revert to using a ranged attack. They won't even try to get close enough anymore and then it's your turn to be agressive and that might prove hard against some classes.

14. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Enigma seems to be the new cookie cutter...everyone uses it for tons of characters...and i dont blame them. But of course, you can do without.

Lol...i saw a wind druid who had head hunters glory and put 3 cold facet jewels in it...

15. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Enigma users are easier to beat (except necros) than most of people belives. All wanna the tele-1hitKO. When teleing close to you, you have an advantage, they miss some time since they appear on your side and are able to cast something...use this factor.

I duel a lot with my FC bear, no enigma for me. Well, hammerdins, wind druids, even sorcs...all chase me. What do I do? Let them to chase 1, 2, 3 teles...several teles, I run away in a erratic way (not straight) dodging their evetual attacks. When I notice they are just trying to reach me, I run kinda back, not straight (we dont wanna let them realize we are to attack), just enough to allow a close teleport...then tank and and....2 hits they are gone. This is for sorcs, (is not that easy tho) requires timing, fast run and being ready to retreat fast, but it works. Vs hammerdins and winddruids, were they lockname and tele, I just run away and when see them chasing me, I lockname and do shift attack, they get on range for themselves and b4 they can see whats going on, as they apperar to my side, they are gone. Yes is that easy this time, I beat people like this 8 of 10 times.This works better with polearms due its range. With a non tele winddru, do the same, let them chase you and, when u think they are focused 100% on getting close to you, lockname and cast tornados. They place by themselves on the bullseye. Practise and with good timing, youll whipe them all. Teleport is only good for scape (thas the way necros use tele, thats why they are potentially the hardest to beat, IMO).

16. ttd-gap

ttd-gap IncGamers Member

LOL, gotta love wind druids that try and kill with huricane.