Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is a pvp Vindicator possible with cheap gear?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by C-Beat, Feb 2, 2004.

1. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Is a pvp Vindicator possible with cheap gear?

hi all!
    is it possible to make a successful vindicator with cheap gear, meaning ~8+skills and no HoZ? for example with an Alma negra instead.

It's meant for a private duelling circle.

C-Beat

2. DarKAzNKiD

DarKAzNKiD IncGamers Member

well...since ur just goin to be a pure smiter...i think u should be able to do fine with just +8 skillz...alma's smite dmg i think is better than uphoz...but uphoz stats are insanely better..

3. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I'm not very used to all the paladin build names so i missed out the second part :p i meant vindator/templar...v/t...

Basicly max HS, Fana, divide 20 point between foh and holy shock, and the rest in smite. The FoH should be about 1.35k and smite slvl around 15 depending on how high i level.

HoZ's stats is very good, though it's also very expensive so i doubt i can get one, and since i have less +skills the damage on an alma negra should make up for the total smite dmg.

btw, are v/t terrible to get through the game with? foh wont do enough dmg so i'm left with smite while leveling which can be quite tough, right?

regards
    C-Beat

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

with cheap gear, eh? well, it wouldn't be too difficult to do. scepters for smiting with are easy enough to buy with gold, just takes a lot of time.

using an alma negra? well, assuming maxed holy shield, fanaticism (yes, I suggest fanat instead of smite), fist of the heavens, one point conviction (up to level 25 after plus skills is what I suggest, if you do private dueling all class duelers), rest holy shock and the useful auras. I am assuming equipment like shaftstop, shako (cheap enough), maras or a plus 2 paladin amulet, bloodfists, etc. nothing fancy, but enough to get by on. you might also considering smiting with a crescent moon weapon. or at least casting foh with it. it has some mods that make it worth considering, not the least of which is -35% enemy lightning resists, 25% open wounds, and some ias. it makes an interesting weapon to use against lightning stackers and is relatively cheap to get. If you do use one, I would consider some open wounds equip like gore riders and maybe a crafted blood belt. It could work well. Good luck!

--welt

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I'm not sure about shako as they still are quite expensive on ladder, but i'll try to get one. For gear i'll use things as shaft, +2amulet, +2 circlet with mods (or shako), bloodfist and those easily attainable things. It's mostly combat charms that i cant get, and runewords like enigma, cresent moon, CoH and so on...

Thx for the input though, i'll probably go ahead with this build and see what turns out :)

But one question though: how hard are they to play through the game with? are they hard to level??

cheers!
    C-Beat

6. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

Go shop for flails or war scepters, use wiz spike and ptopazed shield on ur FoH switch.

a priests flail shael shael is very nice, I'd use it over silence,

7. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

I'm assuming in silence you meant silence PB, apart from a priests flail being much cheaper, the resists on the silence is very useful. Also, I recommend a rose branded war scepter of quickness as a better and cheaper weapon with the possibility of beneficial mods like +3 holy shield and +3 fanat.

8. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

Well you should try and not get hit by FoH in ur smite switch :p

9. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I'm gonna duell all classes, and there's not many foh pallys there so i wont stack up on Lightning Resists unless i really need to. And the duells take place in normal.

isnt a rose branded war scepter of quikness, and likes, very expensive!?

Can someone answer me if this build is hard to get rhough the game with?

10. cky

cky IncGamers Member

yes a rose branded war scepter of quickness is not easy to obtain and to get a desirable plus skiils with it is very likely. im assuming ROMVS hasnt been reading your thread throughly.

ok so back to your question, yes i believe it is quite difficult to solo through since foh and smite are not very good crowd controlling skills, this could be a problem for lvling up. and when i played with my friend who made a templar, he was near useless other than healing me with holy bolt and giving off auras when we were playing through norm and nm.

11. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

Use zeal/vengeance instead of smite/foh when you level. Those are prereq for foh anyway. I haven't had any problems leveling my v/t. All solo btw.

12. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Rose branded war scepter of quickness aren't as expensive as you might think, as long as your not too picky by asking for additional skills, a plain one will be much cheaper than a silence phase blade (+2 skils and resists) or a heart of the oak (+3 skills, high fast cast and slightly lower resists). It's a poor man's Ferrarri. It won't be cheap but you should be able to get one if you mf enough to get a few runes to trade for one.

Leveling wise, I agree with cky, it's tough not to click on that sacrifice and zeal skills early on.

13. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

14. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Nice mods Boogie. Ya, plain rosebranded is ok too if you get 2 sockets. =)