Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is a pure pvp rabies viable?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Ungarth, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Ungarth

Ungarth IncGamers Member

Is a pure pvp rabies viable?

Sounded like a good idea when I figured out the max damage of rabies..

First question: Is a pure rabies viable for pvp?

Second question: What skills to max besides pc/rabies?

Third question: What boots? I'll be using Jalals with psn facet, ss with psn facet, trang gloves, Bramble, raven/carrion, plague bearer with facet, maybe a rare +shapeshift ammy... Right.

Also.. is Bramble max +psn% 50, or 100? The diabloii.net runeword data says +100%, but I sort of doubt that..

-'Garth

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Welcome to the Druid Forum!! :D :D

1) Yes!
    2) Oak Sage, Lycanthropy, maybe Cyclone Armor or Dire Wolves or something?
    3) Aldur's or IK are good choices. Not sure what 1.10 boots there are, but there should be something nice.

I'm not sure on Bramble.

Good luck!

3. FenrisWulf

FenrisWulf IncGamers Member

If you use Carrion Wind, you should not max Poison Creeper; in fact, you should not put any points into it at all, as you would then circumvent the Charge Bug.*

* Note that the fact that you receive Synergy bonuses from Charged Items does seem to be a bug, and people may frown upon you abusing it. Not people here, for the most part :), but elsewhere, perhaps.

4. LLD-Vampire

LLD-Vampire Banned

why use carrion if your gonna max anyway I don't beleive they stack.

Bramble is like 30-50% I would suggest enigma though, you'll need the r/w or you won't actually get to bite any thing.

Gotta suggest 3 shealed+3something/15ias phase blade though so you can hit 4fpa(6 attacks a second really insane)

My rabies has 1 point into hurricane so after I bite them I transform back and tele after there 1 life *** with a low damage hurricane, I found that after they see your damage they try to avoid you a lot more and in many cases they'll go to town and you won't actually kill hem.

5. Ungarth

Ungarth IncGamers Member

Problem with that is, rabies is the only psn skill that can actually kill. Maybe that idea would still be good, but switching out of wolf leaves you vulnerable when you might not have to be...

About the whole Charge Bug.. I'm not positive whether I want to abuse it. I like to duel as legit as possible so they don't have anything to whine about when I kill them. (Besides the whole 'PSN IS TEH GAYZOR' stuff...)

How would FPA help, since the psn would just reset with each subsequent hit? Or is it different with rabies? Please explain.

Enigma vs Bramble.. I honestly don't know. Maybe stacking with frw charms will help, I'm kind of liking the idea of +50% psn dmg..

Since I'm a poor little bugger, I need to ask; How much is Bramble worth? I need it or Enigma, and I'm guessing Enigma is worth more..

Thanks everyone.
    -Garth

6. The_Witch_King

The_Witch_King IncGamers Member

I'm working on this build myself currently, only no carrion for me, so I'm going the max pc route. No duels as of yet, but I can't even use my Bramble yet anyway.

Bramble is fairly expensive (Even seems there are some people on East that seem to think it's worth more than Enigma), and a perf Bramble is obviously more expensive, even if it's only perf psn % and not thorns. In terms of currency, Ohm on East is something like 3 290's (same for Jah and Ber), but not sure about Sur runes. And a perf. Bramble would be 50% psn dmg and lvl 21 thorns. (All nonladder info)

Sidenote: My newest (2nd) Bramble got 50% psn :) My jaw hit the floor when I made it :)

7. Hamsterman

Hamsterman IncGamers Member

*frowns* :grrr:

8. Ungarth

Ungarth IncGamers Member

Exactly Hamsterman, I would rather not exploit a known bug...

So your saying I should not evaluate based on cost but on benefits since they cost roughly the same? (Enigma and Bramble)

Well, around 50% psn increase certainly helps, but the frw would also help very much...

9. FenrisWulf

Just for clarification: I did not mean to advise that you take advantage of the Charge Bug; in fact, I think that maxing Poison Creeper simply to avoid using it is a very admirable decision. However, if you are maxing Poison Creeper, wouldn't there be better rings to use besides Carrion Wind? All that it really gives is Poison Resist and a decent amount of Life Leech, which you can get from other Rings with more fun mods. Is Chance to Cast no longer frowned upon in duels, anyway?

10. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

30-50% is by no means around 50%. Runewords have a nasty habit of coming out badly when you cant afford to re roll, for example my latest (2nd) BoTD came out 366% and i cant afford to re roll it without selling gear that another char uses :(

you'll be doing about right with 40% psn damage but 50% poison damage will be rare. Good luck with your build up :thumbs:

11. Ungarth

Ungarth IncGamers Member

When you put it like that Carrion is horrible for pvp ;]

What would you advise I use as a second ring in that case?

12. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

er. carrion is the only way youll do the most damage

it is 21 to synergy, 20 is max spending points in creeper.

so there is NO POINT AT ALL OH MY GOSH to put a drop into creeper, except if you are a really fancy type and know how to use summons to kill/block/lock and such.

bramble 40% plus yourtrang gloves, does enormous damage. plus, it has good mods for pvp, so you dont lose out. runwalk is nice, i agree, but eh... one shot death is nice too. poison facets are your friends, death's web costs more than an entre at a seafood restaraunt near me, just get a few poison facets. figure if you had 3 of them, one in shield (you dont need shael unless against a zon, then youre dead anyways, you wont be melee'ing youll be running) all 5/5's, max bramble, trang gloves, youll do +90% poison damage and -15% poison res. i suggest oak sage and Medusa's shield and fight in hell. i guarantee one shot if you trigger 7th level lower res on the shield. i guess block lock em if they want to tango with a robo phase.

or just get a necro, cast lower res, use 3 piece trang set, bramble, no poison facets needed, about 100 runwalk+... thats what i did. plus fire golem spamable. cheap as hell.

poison really is the best in pvp.

i have to say that flaming rabies is only good for dueling melee types, this skill could be good for pking as you can infect groups of monsters...

13. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

now this guy has a good point. rolling an enigma gives like 100+/- defense. big woop.

my bramble rolled 48 right away. I guess it could have gone sour.

14. FenrisWulf

@Salo:
    I believe the reason not to use Carrion Wind would be to avoid exploiting a bug, much as people chose not to use Eth-socketed weapons in 1.09 dueling.

@Ungarth:
    Ah, you've found me out: I don't do PvP at all, and thus, I'm not down with the most current PvP ring choices. :p Sorry!

15. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

is bramble really an armor you can shoot for?

I can't get one after a month of searching on ladder
    no one even has a sur rune they can trade :(
    enigma is a much easier to trade for solution of course :\

in either case, I recommend two ravenfrosts as rings, as you will need alot of AR, or even the angelic set.... I'm not sure how metal grid + two ravenfrosts, compares to the angelic set with 2 rings

16. Mr.E

Mr.E IncGamers Member

Metalgrid + dual Ravens is 950 max (not including Dex), compared to 2200-2300-something for dual Angelics+Ammy. Former still adds up to 35 Res All, +Dex, and Cild Absorb while Angelics give you a bunch of life.

Outside morality, maxing P. Creeper may not bad a bad idea if you want to free up that Ring Slot. One point of synergy isn't that much, and the ring slot may be important. You can use a Raven so you're not forcing the Trang Belt on yourself, BK Ring for +1 skills and Life boost, second Angelic Ring for ridiculous AR (if you're using Angelics for your Ammy/other Ring already), keep Absorb Rings handy for non-Bonemancer casters (without losing all killing power)...

If you use dual Angelic Rings then you can surely skimp on WW points to keep Oak Sage/HoW and Dires/Grizzly strong. Otherwise you'll have to decide where to take those lost points from...

17. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

I would use carrion. In fact, my rabies/fury does :)

Why be a once trick pony when its so easy to get another viable attack (fury) to help hit runners and finish them off?

Garbad

18. Yokuma333

Yokuma333 IncGamers Member

Hi everybody! I've got a lvl 77 rabies druid that uses the Carrion charge bug. His Rabies is lvl 34, he uses trangs gloves and a 44% bramble. His dmg is 31k over 17.2 secs. I went with Oak sage, Lycanthropy, and Feral Rage for support skills.
    The feral rage can give some nice run/walk when its charged up. Hope it helps with your dmg calcs.

19. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

Ditto what Garbad had to say. A pure PvP Rabies Druid is pretty limited and tacky imo, since you are unable to reinfect them (for an 18 second window), you'll hafta tag them and run away? Teh lamer Coward Druid. ;) But seriously, best of luck with your character.

20. Hamsterman

Hamsterman IncGamers Member

so using eth in 09 was ok? I mean it gave characters more versitility and let them use other techniques to deal the finishing blow.

sorry garbad, using carrion is exploiting a bug and exploiting bugs=bm