Is a poison necro effective in hell cows?

kzzasada

Diabloii.Net Member
Is a poison necro effective in hell cows?

I have a decent javazon that has a decent killing speed in 8 player hell cows, but I was wanting to mix it up and try using another build. I can afford the uber gear but don't know if it is worth the investment in time.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
kzzasada said:
I have a decent javazon that has a decent killing speed in 8 player hell cows, but I was wanting to mix it up and try using another build. I can afford the uber gear but don't know if it is worth the investment in time.
Cows in Hell have 33% Poison Resistance. This makes them very good targets for Nova. A Poisonmancer should be able to run Hell Cows very easily.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
I tried it recently on p1.
my lower resist combined with -psn resist on gear would of gotten them to -50% resist. so with better gear ( say death web) you could get -100% res.
the cows dropped fairly fast but i found i retreated alot, so revives would be very handy for tanking. and CE is what really slaughters. on p1 anyway

GODSMACKGUARD

Diabloii.Net Member
Ya man if that 33resis is right for hell cows then with my lower resis and deaths web I bring them down to -87,and yes 1 nova usually takes care of an entire group of them in about 3-5 secs..whatever is left over my golem and merc take out easily like a fat kid with a butter knife

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Dont' forget that when you take out a bunch with your toxic goodness amping + CE wipes the others up without question.

kzzasada

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds pretty effective. So max poison skills and corpse explosion. I am anxious to give this build a try. thank you.

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
kzzasada said:
Sounds pretty effective. So max poison skills and corpse explosion. I am anxious to give this build a try. thank you.
Just an aside....CE + amp without poison skills is one of the most effective cow killers in the game. It was not exactly your question, but you don't need pnova to kill cows if you've got CE.

sad

Diabloii.Net Member
Just remember to hit Save and exit quick if you hit the king. This has happened a couple of times with my poisoner.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't need to max CE, 1 point with +skills alongside with a point into attract/strategic use of golem works wonders.