Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

is a necro summoner any good pvp

Discussion in 'PvP' started by nebularat, Sep 16, 2006.

1. nebularat

nebularat IncGamers Member

is a necro summoner any good pvp

hi all
    i know alot of u would say its bm but who cares its very rare you come across any one having gm in pub's im just wondering if this build could stand it...
    gear set up would be something lke this........
    eni bp
    spirit 35%
    arach 20%
    trang gloves 20%
    helm i was thinking either skako or rare with fcr
    amu mara
    bk and soj or 2 soj or 2 bk
    torch
    anni
    skillers
    not sure on a weapon yet but maybe hoto or wizzy or other idea's
    merc act 1 faith

any coments please

thx in advance

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Pure summoner is not meant for pub. Unless you are willing to continuously get revives over and over, you will be shut down completely by atleast a person or two in a full game.

Try a Bone skill as a hybrid.

One thing though, if you get Beast on yourself, sure it lowers your fcr / res, but then you can have an a2 merc with Might, Concentration, Thorns, watever.

3. nebularat

i was thinking of max skells
    skell mastery
    and probly a bone skill or poison skill for attack although it wont be high it could still do good damage from +skills
    fire golem and golem mastery and summon resist

beast weapon sounds good to me i already got a pride weapon on a ama...

this is an experimental build just to try for fun........

i just want to hear the responce from duels when i come with army of skells and they say noob necro till i tele on top of them with army i got all the gear so its not gona cost me anything to make so nothing lost if it turns out to be crap :wink3:

4. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Yes, a summoner nec is indeed fun to play with. Get couple bm revives and you can actually kill many class with ease.

+1 in Summon Resists is enough. Atleast +1 in Iron Maiden / Decrepify is needed. +1 in Prison. Use Spirit as your main skill. Your duel tactic is pretty much jumping on em, so you do not need the speed of Spears. Also more damage.

You will have absurdly easy time vs. builds like bowers, but builds like hammerdins will have absurdly easy time against you. Make sure you curse your opponents. IM works beautifully. Amp the casters.

Note that if you are prepared to use a merc continuously, equip a might merc with Pride and Bramble. And if you use Bramble, Bramble + Amp works better than Bramble + IM. Thorns affects all your minions, so any ww barb / smiter who's stupid enough to attack random targets will instantly die.

5. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Summoners in PVP are fun, but there's no one that has trouble killing them...and then it takes like five minutes to summon everything again.

'Hybrids' aren't as great as they were before...christless marrow bug fixed.

6. nebularat

thx i will give it a try anyway seems like it could be fun but we will see????

7. Dennis_KoreanGuy

I dunno... I had extreme fun with my summoner vs. 7 bowers in one game... but that will never happen again.. :tongue:

8. DIEnamic

DIEnamic IncGamers Member

pvp summoner isnt half bad. with immune reviving and minion stacking its like playing god.

my build is
    20 raise skele
    20 summon mastery
    1 revive
    1 summon resist
    20 bone prison
    20 bone spear
    10+ bone wall
    1 amp
    1 IM

at first I couldn't decide to poison nova, bone spirit, or bone spear. poison nova would have been nice, and bone spirit would pack extra punch while you tele on top of someone but in the end bone spear just had more range and spammability.

flooding the field with bone spears will keep your opponent off balance so to speak despite them doing some pretty sad damage. another reason why I choose spear was the fact that a good white wand will boost it 8 points which could really make you a formidable opponent if you get good at aiming them.

bone spirit could work but it moves so slow and is easy to avoid while poison nova has no range and can be avoided fairly easily. with poison resist factored in I'm not sure how well it'll do unless you sacrifice some skill points in skeleton mastery to synergize it.

beast ettin
    enigma ap
    35% fcr spirit
    arach
    trang gloves
    maras
    sojs
    marrows
    shako

with that setup you hit 75% fcr which is just enough for the breakpoint without sacrificing anything on your skeles. if you are really compulsive and want to squeeze as many stat points as possible I suppose a mp or dusk enigma could get the job done. defense doesnt matter since minions will be tanking most if not all the damage except in rare cases.

if theres one thing I particularly like about playing my pvp summoner, its the fact that reviving immunes can give you a 3-minute godmode. the reactions I get from hammerdins, blizz sorcs, bone necros, it is just priceless. you can pretty much minion stack against any build under the sun and there are very few counters too it.

blizz sorcs used to namelocking and typing gg but when they realize you are throwing atea party with your minions in his so called "gg blizz" his jaw just drops and hes the first one to unhostile you.

like I said before there are a few builds that will give you trouble; namely fire sorcs unless you just stack a ton of fire resist and sorb and revive some godly fire immune melee monsters. I haven't personally tried this method, but in theory it would could work. hotspurs, dwarf stars, rising sun... not sure if theres more but by sorbing him to negate his damage or at least severely limit it should make you a much harder duel. reviving a bunch of those demon knight monsters in chaos sanctuary will make things much easier when dueling a fire sorc.

others that will be a hard duel include:

auradins - like duel vs a time bomb.. no fun. desync makes bone prison useless

windy - comes down to how good he is at pinpoint namelocking with 20+ minions on top of you. you can still win this but whoever teles on top of the other guy first wins usually.

trapper with mindblast - fhr is important but the stun duration is not pvp penalized so your minions just have to be stunned for like 7-8 seconds before they can attack again.

sin with cloak of shadows - sup blind minions

bvc - good ones will carry a lifetap wand and tele-zerk you, in that case you just decrep them and start bone spearing away until life tap duration ends. personally, I haven't dueled many of these.

smart people - with high fcr they just tele around in circles till your revives run out and that makes me a very sad necro.

btw theres Walking Beast monsters in the temples of kurast baazar. they are the only fully magic immune monsters that I know of, they are very limited and random amount of them spawns in a game. sometimes I see NONE and other times theres like 10+ of them in each temple. by reviving these suckers you can pretty much stand in hammer fields all you want.

sorry for the long post, but I hope its informative and gives you a little insight on how pvp necros fare in pub duels. if you plan on making one then you better damn get good at predicting where your opponent is gonna tele and beat him too it so he teles into your minion pile. :jig:

I've tried searching before so don't even think of telling me to "use search nubz". is there some sort of revive minion guide that has the ideal revives and their locations? normally I pick mine out of kurast baazar since there is a little of everything there but the act 5 monsters are really intriguing.

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I'll pitch in here. Now, I have a "Summoner" for PvP, though I must tell you, in reality it's a Golemancer (can you say 55k life clay?). However, I have insane +summoning skills, so I sometimes Minion stack. Anywho, onto the tips.
    1. Dying sucks, don't do it. It takes forever to get back up and running. Well, most of the time...but yeah, avoid dying. Surrender, if you can.
    2. You can't kill Hammerdins with only Summons. Either get Bone or Poison skills, or unhostile them.
    3. I maxed IM. I found/find it very useful. Smiters are probably the second easiest build to kill with a summoner, IF you IM them. If you don't, they might be a little tough. If you don't max it, you might atleast want some Thorns...Act 1 Merc using Edge and Bramble would basically truck the hell out of any Melee Character, ever.
    4. Getting auras makes your Skeletons way stronger than you'd think. A level 9 Fanatacism aura from Beast will make them...I'd estimate 3x stronger, maybe more. Doesn't make sense to me, but from my experience, it's true.
    5. The more summons you have, the longer you'll live. Summon mages, even if they suck. It's still another target that people have to aim around.
    6. Above all else, have fun. It sounds cheesy, maybe even stupid, but it's true. If killing people really fast really easily is your thing, go play PvM. PvP is, hopefully, about a different type of challenge. Sometimes you'll have a game where you'll be the local laughing stock, and then a game later you'll kill everyone easily. Deal with it.

10. Dennis_KoreanGuy

You talk of using White to up Spear damage, and yet you use Beast (as you should) on your gear setup.

I dislike using Spears because it forces you to waste valuable chances for a successful tele jump, and even if you do hit someone with Spears which is unlikely given long distance, it will be a pitiable damage.

A summoner's main goal should be namelock tele, and once you manage that Spirits are better for more damage / accuracy.

It will be hard to catch 200% FB sorcs. Sure you can go fireproof and get FI Revives, but its more likely she will just tele away till most of your revives go poof.

Against Auradins, you namelock prison or just wall everywhere, followed by quick tele. The only way.

Trapper I had extreme difficult time with. Like most duels, your skellies will be ezkilled and you will only have Revives going for you.

A smart bvc don't even need a life tap wand. Just leap howl tele zerk finish.

Hammerdins you can summon all the MI monsters as you want, but a desynch hdin will just kill you. Hammer hits everything in its path, can't block with a skelli or two.

Merc is definitely recommended as his aura will help you immensely. Thorns + Amp returns wayy more damage than IM. Not to mention Conc / Might. If you are seriously thinking of Reviving every time, you should easily get 50k by the time you get full army. Besides, how are you going to get first couple revives to kill more with?

As for your question on wut revives to get; Max Wraiths. Muhaha you look completely like an angel. :cool:

Edit: btw I see you've removed your mention of using White. Good job.
    Edit: I can't stress how godly Thorns / Amp is. Maxing IM???? It is a proven fact that Amp + Thorns deals more damage returned than IM. That's not even counting that Amp actually doubles YOUR damage as well, not just his.

11. DIEnamic

the white wand mention is still in there, but it is more of a tool to use in the rare event that summons are relatively ineffective and I need to have some kind of offensive weapon. though I rarely use it, its a nice asset to have knowing that your bone spear still packs a decent punch.

though you should be using beast 99% of the time, being able to kill those particularly annoying defensive builds like TRAPPERS with bone spears is a plus. let him camp his traps all his want, I'll just rain bone spears down on him all day.

desynch hammerdin isn't too bad, however guessing where he REALLY is according to the server is bad. you can still mess up their charge with bone wall spamming but the game is already laggy enough with a summoner toting around 20+ minions.

the desync hammers are no different than your pvm turned dueler hoto/tele hdin's hammers, other than you cannot see most of them (given its a good hdin). as long as you never move out of your minion block, the hammer will be hitting the revives first. the real challenge of this is killing him in <2 mins while he charges about like a fool.

one thing that is really important, try not to depend on your merc too much in pvp. the merc is almost guaranteed to die, but if you keep him alive he adds much more damage when you namelock tele someone.

my merc wears eth crown of thieves, eth infinity thresher, and ebugged loricated fort 3200 def. I switch bramble on once in a while but it's really a toss up there and I find myself too lazy to keep reviving him after he initially dies anyway. laziness + pvp summoner = teh fail T_T

I really wouldn't suggest maxing IM since thorns+bramble is much stronger, but in reality ONE point in IM does more than enough to make the other guy one click himself. like Lord Nyax said, 55k hp clay golems are sexy when it comes to uncapped damage return.

the only really absolute overpowering revives that I've come across are the obvious souls in worldstone keep 2, 3, and throne. you know, the ones that foil your baal run because of their 1-3509187271297 lightning damage. revive like 24 of those and with infinity pretty much bombing their light res it gets really pissy fast.

12. chessvampire

chessvampire IncGamers Member

I would say that this build would take too much effort to use (getting summons after each death) to be 'viable'. although everyone is different :)

13. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

Summoners blow, sorry. About all you can kill are **** hammerdins and zons.

14. nebularat

thx for responce guys....

im currently lvl 56 in nm baalruns i got all equipment exept beast at moment
    but im working on that next im using eni bp to get more life.

as for merc how would this stand..
    might merc with bramble, pride, dream(just of little finishing damage)
    or would u suggest i different helm..

thx again guys i cant wait to do or die :laugh:
    either way it looks fun so why not give it a try...

thx

15. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

Iron maiden is the gayest tactic ever.

16. DIEnamic

lol lemme guess... smiter? I will admit, iron maiden is a pretty gay tactic. however, smite being unblockable and having infinite AR is probably even more gay. on top of that you get CtC life tap.

lies. you obviously don't know anything about pvp summoners. I will leave it at that.

that gear looks fine for a merc, although life leech will keep him alive much longer pvm-wise. in pvp he gets owned in one hit so it wouldn't matter. another idea that I haven't tried yet, could be maybe a shako or CoA if you really enjoy spending on your merc. the +skills will up your mercs might which in turn adds more damage from skeles.

I've tried both pride and infinity and I can say theres little if not any difference between them. infinity lowers their defense and allows for more hits to connect while pride will boost damage and make uninterruptable attacks. it really comes down to how you want it.

like I have said before, in pvp situations merc is going to be dead and you won't be rezzing him too often seeing as its 50k a pop. merc really makes this build work pvm-wise though.

17. funkmu

funkmu IncGamers Member

i played against this pvp summoner once, he used nigma and teleported next me, and his creatures all attacked at once, pwned. tho i was a barb so i dont kno if that counts prbly gets raped by sorcs, and zons tho

18. McCOOOL

McCOOOL IncGamers Member

I have a pretty decked out summoner on west ladder, feel free to leave a msg if you want test duel him.

And as to whether they any good pvp, they are vs certain classes and kinda get dominated vs other (but what ain't).

Good vs - melee who cant nl and any casters who have stack absorable attacks.

Bad vs - melee who can nl, fbers/windies in particular.

19. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

They're fun, but by no means good. By all means make one, just I wouldn't recommend pumping too much of your funds into it ;)

20. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member