Is a Maul an ax or a mace?

diablonoobbowbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Is a Maul an ax or a mace?

As a barbarian, I want to use a maul later in life. I am currently level 12 and have a civerbs cudgel, and I know that's a mace, but later I want to use Thunder Maul. My question is, is a Maul considered an ax or a mace for barbarian weapon specialty?

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Is a Maul an ax or a mace?

mace of course, nothing to do with axes. It's listed as a mace class in game too. Just look at your weapon description :)

DudSpud

Diabloii.Net Member

Mace mastery includes all weapons considered "Blunt", including mauls, hammers, scepters, staves, and wands. This does not include Sorc orbs, which are their own class of weapon. I don't think orbs are even considered weapons for the "Rod" crafting recipe - AS says that "Rods" are scepters, staves, and wands for the caster craft.

Good luck,
DudSpud

pwned by Hrus...

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

For runewords' sake, War Hammers, Mauls and Great Mauls (and their exceptional/elite versions) are hammers and not maces. A HotO will not work in a Maul, even though HotO can be made in maces.

However, for the sake of a Barbarian Mastery, yes, hammers are a subclass of maces.

Are

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think orbs are even considered weapons for the "Rod" crafting recipe
Even the "all weapons" runewords can't be made in orbs. I really hope the next patch has some orb-only rws for all these 2-socketed orbs I've got lying about :)

Garisdacar

Diabloii.Net Member

i knew staff-only RWs couldn't be made in orbs, but not even all-weapon RWs can't be? wow.

diablonoobbowbarian

Diabloii.Net Member

Is there even ever going to be a new patch? They need to fix leap and leap attack, it stops working if you get hit in the air. Not good news when those are my two top skills.