Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is a Guided Arrow Amazon pointless?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Animation, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Animation

Animation IncGamers Member

Is a Guided Arrow Amazon pointless?

All,

I started D2 back recently, as many did. :) I seem to remember that at some point, Guided Arrow became a one-point-if-at-all skill. It no longer penetrates to hit multiple times, and it no longer fires around corners.

Is making an Amazon based on GA just totally pointless now? I personally loathe both Strafe and Multishot from a "theme" perspective. I'd rather be shooting single arrows, even magically guided single arrows, or single arrows that explode in a huge area. However, multi-arrow per shot type attacks just dont satisfy me ... again from a theme perspective.

So, I can get behind Magic Arrow, Guided Arrow, Explosive and/or Immolation Arrows, and Freezing Arrow, but it seems like they all suck (other than Freezing Arrow) in 1.12a.

Is Guided Arrow simply dead?

Lewis

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Re: Is a Guided Arrow Amazon pointless?

It is still dead, except in PvP. Fire attacks are slow due to the timer. So, there are strafers, multi-ers, frozen-zons and javzons. Fire zons are fine, if you can deal with the timer, similar to what a a sorc has with meteor. Magic arrow zons can also be built but are somewhat rare. Maybe that's why you should build one. :thumbup:

3. Animation

Animation IncGamers Member

Too bad.

I thought that Magic Arrow was pointless also, since there are high level bows that shoot them for free? I wish a Magic Arrow amazon was Hell Viable. Is the damage from Magic Arrow actually Magic? Or is it physical?

I also dont find Immolation Arrow interesting, but what about Explosive Arrow? With Fire Arrow synergies, can it do tolerable damage in Hell?

In the absence of all that, I thought I might make a Fishyzon. Thats the build with max Freezing Arrow, max Cold Arrow, max Charged Strike and max Lightning Fury, with no Passives and no Valk, and 1 point in Pierce and pre-reqs. I hope that one is still viable, if the other ones arent.

Thanks,

Lewis

4. Mimeaphone

Mimeaphone IncGamers Member

I think it is a percentage magic so a level 20 arrow would be...20% magic? (just made that up :))

5. MuffinMan

MuffinMan IncGamers Member

Well, If you go mad with +(bow)skills items, lvl52 magic arrow is possible..
    To pump some bowskills:
    Cta +1
    CoH +2
    2xBK +2
    Andys +2
    Arach +1
    Melody +6
    Maras +2
    magic gloves +3
    Bowskillers +9
    Anni +1
    Torch +3

With a base of lvl20MA +32skills = lvl52MA
    Pull back on skills by changing to Forti and Faith and you still could have a lvl 49MA. That would deal a lot of magic damage!
    Would be fun... And hella expensive!!! :evil: