Is a Conviction Pally good?

TrinityPower

Diabloii.Net Member
Is a Conviction Pally good?

I usually play standard fanactic zealers or elemental aura based ones. I was wondering how a PvM-Only Convictioner would do. I dont have much wealth but I can MF if needs be of coarse.

Skills would be something like:

20 Conviction
20 Holy Sheild
20 Sacrifice
4 Zeal
Rest in Defience for the HS boost.

Standard Melee stats.

Would this be ok, and if so what would be some decent gear choices? I figure a good high element damage weapon like maybe a shael'd Lightsaber would be one of the better choices for a weapon. I would like a Dreamer but dreams are out of my price range regretably.

SoulSurvivor

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want to use conviction as your primary aura, unless you can afford double dream or dragon, you would probably be better off making an avenger. You will need a LOT of elemental damage on your weapon to make your current set up effective, gimmershred might work, but you still probably won't be as good as a fanatic or holy freeze/shock zealer.

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
An avenger (max conviction, max vengeance) is great for PvM, just be prepared to either:

a) pile on the mana leach gear. As vengeance does primarily elmental damage, and leech works on % of physical damage, you will need a lot of leech.
b) Strap on the mana potion foam-dome. It may be more effective, but more annoying to just chug a mana potion form time to time.

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
Or use beast, or have a merc use faith.

Conviction pretty much negates targets defense, not sure how it works on bosses though.

Of course, double dream dragon hoj set up will own, anything, anywere.

I just dismantled one, it was to easy to kill things.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
You only want to use Conviction as your main aura if most of your damage is elemental. Otherwise, Fanaticism FTW.

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
Well you can have your cake and eat it too...

Faith merc + conviction auradin

or

Might merc with Pride polearm + conviction auradin.