Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is +3 Shadow Dic. +3 Venom possible?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by squigipapa, Feb 12, 2004.

1. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Is +3 Shadow Dic. +3 Venom possible?

Hi All,
    I believe that in one of the .09 strategy guides I remember seeing that this claw was possible from anya, if you had 2 on weapon switch, you'd get +12 to venom and +6 to your shadow Dic.(mainly shadow master, BOS in my case) when you huffed.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Yes, it's possible - from the magic prefix (+3 Shadow Disc.) and the automods (+3 Venom, others also possible). It would take a lot of patient shopping though.

3. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

The chances of getting such a claw are really , really slim. I mean , even a plain +3 shadow disc claw can vary from 15 min to 2 hour shopping. And that's just a plain +3 SD claw.

4. eclipsedk

eclipsedk IncGamers Member

I got a +3 SD +2 Venom :) So yea it is possible.. but good luck shopping it.. chances are VERY slim.

5. ignoir

ignoir IncGamers Member

my friend has a godly etheral scissor suwwayah with +3traps and repair per second this is socketed with 5/5lit facet,i think its most godly wep for trapsin

6. ch0cobo

ch0cobo IncGamers Member

Yes it is possible.. but it needs alot of patient in shopping... :)

7. squigipapa

Cool guys, Thanks for all the replys! Well, now that I know for sure it's possible I don't mind investing some time into it. Although, I say this now, maybe my views on the matter will change after a few weeks of shopping anya! ;) ..

8. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Too bad that facet won't work with traps.

Additionally, trading in a +1 to traps will get you +2 to all skills plus crazy good mods with a bartucs. Unless it's a +3/+2,3 traps/LS or traps/WoF claw, a bartucs is a better deal. Or even a wizard spike (if you recognize that MB is more effective with fast cast).

9. ignoir

ignoir IncGamers Member

hmmm so facets dont work with traps?are u sure?

10. ignoir

ignoir IncGamers Member

bartucs does have great mods,the trade in of +3traps for +2al skills and 1martial arts is a good trade off,however im talking a Pvm trapsin that just sits back and cast traps while merc and sm tank so the extra mods on bartucs wouldnt be that helpful it would be helluva sweet if it was etheral scissor suwwyah with repair per second +2lit sentry and +3 traps :) but hey its not

11. Las-Vegas

Las-Vegas IncGamers Member

actually, no one is sure.

its a fact that the - doesnt work, because traps are considered a minion

and its common sense that the + would also not work, for the same reasons.

but there is no real way to test it without a doubt because the dmg is so random to begin with.

its generally excepted that they do not work, and they do not seem to work in game at all.

and for all practical reasons, a bartucs would be better than that claw.

12. ignoir

ignoir IncGamers Member

so i should stick with my 39%hoto instead of trading for dat claw?

13. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

My old trapsin had a +3 Traps, +3 Lightning Sentry, +2 Fade Quehab claw with +1-2 cold damage (so it was blue). A very sexxy claw now that I look back on it.

Just too bad it only got 1 socket instead of 2.

So to answer your question, yes +3 Shadow and +3 venom can spawn on the same claw. Problem, it will take you about 5 days of non-stop shopping to find such a claw. And shopping is so boreing and tedious that noone is willing to spend that kinda time, so this makes them almost impossible to find.

As it is, my old godly trap claw was traded for. And the guy I traded with said he used some pindle shop bot back in .09 to get the claw in the first place, and he said he would find find 3/3 claws about once a week of pure pindle/shop runs. So thats like 10,000+ shopping runs. No human would spend that sorta time looking for a 3/3 claw.

14. cascius

cascius Banned

Just to let you know if you're going to shop for such a claw, you'd better have tons, and i mean TONS, of gold on the char you use. A claw with a randow +3 skill costs 700k++ from what i saw the other day. So one with +3 sd and +3 random skill will probably be mad expensive. My advice, have at least 2 millions of gold on that char, just in case.

-Cascius

15. squigipapa

Alright guys,
    I have a full stash of gold on my lvl 86 zon, and I'm planning on doing some shopping. :) I figured that since I was going to be there and checking all of anya's claws anyway, if any of you guys are looking for some specific + to skills claws just post the ultimate one here and If I come across it I'll pick it up for you. I'm planning on doing like 2 to 3 hours per night for the next couple of days, it probably won't be enough time to find the exact ones I want .. but who knows I might come across something that someone else wants.
    Anyway, I'm just offering this out of the kindness of my heart :) and if I do find YOUR perfect claw, I'm not asking for some ridiculas trade, just gold, whatever anya charges me for the claw. So just reply here, and I'll reply to your post if I come across it so we can arrange a meeting for me to give it to ya.
    Thanks guys, .. and wish me luck!

Sorry .. this is useast, softcore non ladder. Thanks. :)

16. supersniper

supersniper IncGamers Member

squgipapa make sure you look at the armors too, i was trying to trade something off today in a game, and i got board of just sitting there so i went to go shopping and with in 5 min a Jeweler's ancient armor of the whale (+95) popped up for about 205k. I was like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D gl with your shoppings