Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Is 10K the most you can do

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by deathdealerXX, Mar 30, 2005.

1. deathdealerXX

deathdealerXX IncGamers Member

Is 10K the most you can do

Hey,

I was wondering if a 10K kick was the max you can do. I play a kicker and with a triple charge tiger and max Dtail with max venom my in game calc is maxing out at 10K. This is weather I have a might aura or whatever any help is appreciated..........damn thorns aura it sucks!

2. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

That can't be right.
    I've got a lvl 62 D-tailer in NM with no venom, maxed TS, lvl 18 DT and I already do max 22K with my Dtail. Main equipment would be 2 bartucs and a pair rare war boots. Without the bartucs, it dropped by 4-5K. I do have 300 str but that shouldn't make a difference of 10K.

What equipment do you have?

3. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

If you think 10k is the max you Dtail you're in for a suprise. :D My kicker did over 60k with 3 TS charges. And she didn't have venom at all. The "secret"? Use alot of +skills and boost str. ofcourse using some myrmidon boots is required aswell.

4. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

Sorry if this is asking the wrong place/people, but I am a noob regarding kickers. Word on the street ;) is that they're pretty viable but I hear you guys saying these insane amounts of damage, mentioning TIGER STRIKE.

IIRC, last time I heard peopel talking about charge-ups in PvP, they were useless. How do you guys use Tiger Strike in PvP? Is it the fact that since kickers are mainly anti-caster, it's easy to get charges? I would think not, since casters tend to be very slippery.

If this is totally PvM, then excuse me.

5. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

He never stated pvp. :D And if someone is talking about Dtail , I automaticly assume it's pvm , because Dtail and pvp just don't mix. Because you get 1/6 pvp penalty , 50% DR and 75% fire resist , which is 3 penalties in total.
    60k Dtail (assuming you actually got 3 TS charges) after all these 3 penalies means 1250 dmg. With 80% fire resist (waterwalks give 5% max fire resist) it's 1000 dmg. 1 dwarf and it's 700.

If you don't use TS charges everything is around a factor 8 to 10 lower , which means around 150-125 dmg with just 75% fire resist and 50% DR. :D

As you can see , Dtail is useless for pvp , because you'll have a hard time getting 3 TS charges , and because of the phys / fire conversion.

6. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

unless you use lawbringer, by the time u do a dtail their dr will probably be at 0 or lower...

phelix

7. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Good luck getting 3 TS charges with lawbringer then. No claw mastery , so your AR will be very low. And if you just use Dtail , the dmg is still way to low.

Example.
    You do 6k Dtail dmg without TS. Oponent has 50% DR. Decrep is already active on your oponent (which means 0% DR). Oponent has 75% fire resist.

6k becomes 1k after pvp penalty. no %DR so that 1k gets converted to fire dmg. 75% resist makes this 250 dmg after pvp penalty.

This is under optimal conditions , where decrep is already on the person. Lawbringer "only" has 20% , so statisticly you need to hit your oponent 5 times before it triggers. This and the fact Dtail has a speed penalty make Dtail useless for pvp.

8. deathdealerXX

deathdealerXX IncGamers Member

So I am assuming that it will not show me more damage untill I break 20K oh and the PVM Dtail thing u could use the regular kick Dtalon or something like that with the damage combined with strength dex and boots you still do in high thousands and with the bonuses from the kick and dex I believe your AR will still be in the thousands. Which is good against many characters besides those with thorns aura like abilities. Thats the kickers biggest threat, I hate when the oblivians do that curse in nightmare ah bastards.

9. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Some punctuation would be nice. This really hurts my eyes.