Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Irony At It's Best...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Smith, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Smith

Smith Banned

Irony At It's Best...

I spent a ton of stuff for tal's amulet last night and went to bed feeling proud of my accomplishment.

I get up and do a mephisto run with my newly found set and low and behold... an amulet drops..

I ID it and it's... tal's amulet -_-.

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

One of the golden rules of item finding in diablo2, you won't find what you are looking for until you stop looking for it.

3. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

no kidding. That's especially true in the beginning, when you're some class looking for class-specific items to get you going early on.

4. MatMan

MatMan IncGamers Member

Interesting point. Is it my imagination, or are the Necro totems/shrunken heads the toughest class-specific item to find? I'm sure it seems that way because I've been playing more Necro than anything else lately. But my Skelliemancer is now Clvl 84 in Act V Hell...and just found a decent shrunken head: +2 all skills, no sockets. That's it. Oh, I think it also has like +1 Golem Mastery or something like that. But that's far and away the best totem I've found in 84 levels of gametime. And it's blue, not white or grey, so I can't Ancients' Pledge or Rhyme it. Ah, the joys of playing untwinked.

5. bondfunk

bondfunk IncGamers Member

my first hardcore char I made was a necro.

act 5 norm, found wormskull bone helm
    act 5 nm, found homoculus

patience is the key

6. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

I always find what im looking for while im looking for it. Just a shame its either eth or a shitty percent.

7. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i have the opposite effect... i TRADE something.. then i find it again. heh. happens a lot to me.

8. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Same thing happened to me with Tals armour and recently Arachnid Mesh.... maybe I should trade for something I want to find..... and then I can trade one away... heh..

9. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

Same thing happened to me. I traded 2x high runes for a 3 soc head hunters glory, and the next day I find one in the pits. I decided to ID it, kinda risky considering I had one and was going to trade it. Its a perfect 3 soc/ 7 life per kill. Too bad I had already socketed the other one, and I still havent found a buyer for it, Non-Ladder USEast.

10. wolflordrufus

wolflordrufus IncGamers Member

Sods Law

yep and to me, i had just traded to get my goldwrap which i planned to upgrade, and my 1st game after getting it nm andy dropped another one and a shael rune so i now have 2 upgraded ones!!

and just to bost(kinda) i got an occy in hell act 1 blood moor by killing a group of fallen!!