Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ironman tournament anyone?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by skoolbus, Mar 28, 2005.

1. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

Ironman tournament anyone?

Anyone want to do a quick ironman tournament? For those that dont know what this is, everyone makes new chars, then we all party and go and level up to lvl 9. Then everyone hostiles each other and people duel 1on1. Whoever advances the furthest is the winner.

Rules:
    1. No leveling to level 10 (god have mercy on your soul if you do)
    2. SC so you can watch when you die
    3. We dont need no stinkin rules :D

I was thinking that we could do one of these real fast (like done and over in the next 3 hours). To make it better, everyone can donate an item or two, and the winner gets like 6 and second place can get the rest.

So, does anyone want to do this real fast? We need 7 more people, and one that can host

2. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Count me in but I have few question.

1. Is twinking allowed ?
    2. What kind of item are you thinking for entry fee ?

3. skoolbus

if you do FFA, the person who wins is just the one who hides and then pops up to do the final 5 damage

twinking isnt allowed, you can only use items you find/buy

for entry fee, whatever you think is fair, I think I'm going to donate my kira's because I never use it and it's a nice item

4. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Gahhhh this is the one time i wish i could get internet on my d2 computer.
    :smackscomputerwithfish:
    this sounds soo fun

5. skoolbus

anyone else? these are great fun!

I guess it will just be us 3 for this one, can one of you host in like 10-15 minutes?

6. Pico Dynamite

Pico Dynamite IncGamers Member

Ironmans are fun!
    I think you guys already started, but I can't play MP right now anyways. If you are going to have another game, I'd join (if I'm avaliable at the time).
    One question I have is, after we do the dueling tourni, can we just mess arround (ffa, teams, etc)? Whenever I play an Ironman at LAN parties, we usually just mess arround the whole time and it is really fun, especially with a good amount of people in the game :D

7. skoolbus

yeah, you can do whatever u want, we didnt do this tonight, people wanted to, but no one hosted

so TUESDAY, March 29th at 9pm EST can someone commit to hosting?

heres a better description of an ironman-

NO twinking.
    SC
    All players join a game as a fresh new char
    They party up and go killing stuff till they level up to level 9
    As soon as you hit 9, go to town and scratch your butt or gamble or something to pass the time
    You may only use items you find/buy/gamble, but you cant hold everyone else up by shopping all day, so it's a good idea to snatch any chippie/charm you find before someone else does
    When you hit lvl 9, you tp to town keeping whatever summons you have (so a skellimancer is possible to make, just wont win)
    After everyone is lvl 9, 2 people duel (no pots)
    Pairs keep dueling until the next round, where the winners duel again, and then there is the championship round
    The winner gets the items that people donated and second can get an item too I guess

anymore questions? and sign up here only if you can commit to TUESDAY, March 29th at 9pm EST first 8 to sign up can participate, because it will be too tricky to have more than 8

This whole competition only lasts about an hour or so and is a lot of fun

Here is me signing up (keep your build/char secret until we start)

8. OCAU_MIKLE

OCAU_MIKLE Banned

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!
    I'll give it a shot.

/me goes out and recearches lowlvl dueling.

- OCAU_MIKLE.

9. skoolbus

it's a little different that lld, but still great fun

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!
    and someone who can host!!!

just give it a try if you are busy, it only takes about an hour and you can win cool items and have fun!

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I would love to, i've done a bit of fun SC dueling (pats v pats, team duels, low level) but 9pm EST puts us europeans at about 4am. even i cant stay up that long just to have a short dueling session. Now, if there were enough europeans to do it as well, with 1 that could host, i'd consider.
    Also, can i recommend team dueling. 4 v $ is amazing fun, you can all gang up on the weak ones or chase the neverending stamina barb for 20 minutes before he gets cornered.

11. skoolbus

would 7pm be any better? I dont really know how much earlier we can push it because then Americans will be at work or school or dinner

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well you might catch me up then, but its still pushing it especially if we have to quest for a bit first. I'll try and sleep until the PM tomorrow morning, then i'll be nice and awake until 5am, ready for your dueling. :thumbsup::uhhuh:

13. Pico Dynamite

Pico Dynamite IncGamers Member

I'll probrally join, but for the time if it is at 9:00pm EST, would it be 12:00 over on the west coast, so it would be west coast is 3 hours earlier than east right? I'm really nub when it comes to time zones :). 12:00 is a little late, I'll check if I have to do anything in the morning before I fully comit though if it is ganna be that late. 7:00pm EST would work for me too if you decided to change it.

14. skoolbus

9 EST is 6 Pacific

15. OCAU_MIKLE

OCAU_MIKLE Banned

We stlll gonna give this a try ?

- OCAU_MIKLE.

16. skoolbus

hopefully, if FB can host, if he cant then not tonight

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I cant host no, but i will soon hopefully.
    Days til 1mb broadband should arrive: 7 :thumbsup: 20 times the speed of what i got now, so thats 20 times as fast forum posting..:lol:

18. skoolbus

thats cool that you're getting a nice connection, I have cable internet and if that is what you are getting, dont get so happy yet. A lot of times it just wont work, or will be 10 times slower than dial up if someone is hogging all the bandwidth. And then there was the time when it didnt work for 5 days straight, which sucked. But dont let my rantings daunt you :p

do you think that you would participate in it though? even if you werent to host, and we find someone who can

We still need a lot of people and someone to host, and it will, hopefully, start in either 2 or 4 hours, depending on whether the early start time will attract more people

19. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Im getting a standard ADSL connection, and becuse our area was only just made braodband capable, not many people will have it, so the contention ratio (which is at max 50:1 normally) will be really low, so it should be pretty quick all the time.
    On topic: If the worse comes to the worse, and no-one can host, but enough people want to do it, we can *shudder* create bnet accounts :)eek:) and play in a passworded game there, since we dont need to twink and are starting from scratch. That is obviosly a last resort.

20. skoolbus

WOW
    I never even thought of that, in fact, lets just do that
    at 9pm EST (in appox 53 minutes) create a bnet account on USEAST and join a game
    name- spfironman
    pass-spfrules

I've only been away from bnet for about a year and yet I've completely forgotten it exists

since not that many people seem like they are coming, just join and tell everyone your forum name