Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IRONMAN scheduled for 2/21

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ConnerMacleod, Feb 14, 2004.

1. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

IRONMAN scheduled for 2/21

For this next weekend, we will be doing another Ironman, and this time it will be basically the same rules as last week, only with a few more twists and turns to keep it fun and fair.

On Saturday, Feb 21 at 3PM Eastern, we will hold the Ironman the same time, same way. However, this time, ANY class of characters is allowed. Some variations will be made.

Complete rules will be posted by Thursday, 2/19, for all those wishing to participate. You can post your account name you will be on that day so I may contact you to get in the channel.

Channel name: op DTHHC
    Time: 2/21, 3PM Eastern, USEast, all are invited.

The prize next week will be: Your choice of The Oculus, a Wizardspike, or Shaftstop. Prizes may be adjusted should the need arise.

Good luck and hope to see you there!

2. devil_hatred

devil_hatred IncGamers Member

yes

I'm definately in, i had so much fun today, even with matt and lasthero (whom were lvl 12) both pounding my lvl 9 sacadin.
    *dowdevil or *devil_hatred once more.

3. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

My account is KiD-IDontPk I missed the last one and i MIGHT miss this one, not sure. For weapons though, how would that work out? Same weps?

4. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

lol i didnt mean to pound on your pally i swear :p , it was all matts doing hehe count me in again on this one *y_yun

incase no one looked at the old thread if anyone took screen shots email em to me plz [email protected]

5. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I cant do one next weekend :( Leave for india, and dont get back till march, so im out for 2 weekends.

ill make another post later, on the subject of doing one for fun tommorow (sunday)
    Edit: Oh, and i wasent level 12 :) I was 10.

6. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

I'll be back and i'll die again!!!!!!! WOO HOO

7. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Bah...stupid DSL dying...I wanted to play this time =(

8. Naheet

Naheet IncGamers Member

I might be able to play, I'd like to. Whisper me at *ladrNaheet or *ldrNaheet. Ill see if I wake up in time ;).

9. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

I am down like Charlie Brown...errrr...I mean I would love to play. I'm still not awesomely adept to pvp or HC so if anyone would be willing to teach a willing to learn noob the basics I'd really like to be a skilled dueler not just a half-a**ed one with good gear. whisper me *zachs.

10. devil_hatred

lol

you did better than most of us. All i can say is if you had had clegs sword i would have put money on you, cause clegs is better because of the 50% chance to deadly strike which doubles your damage, and you more than likely would have killed matt, then had to have dealt with blah and you would have gotten him because your zeal wouldn't have split. You are skilled, you picked your spots and tried to kill so i wouldn't worry about the fact that you lost, just unlucky.
    So you dont need to learn, best thing i can tell you, is in hardcore pvm or pvp life>>>>>damage. Who cares if you do 400 pvp if you only have 200 life,
    just remember to find a balance of damage and life, because life is greater, but you do need to have enough damage to kill, while having enough life (and considering using pots) to tank a hit or two.

11. PsYcHo.u[N]

PsYcHo.u[N] IncGamers Member

I know i had said i wanted to do it yesterday and i didnt go but well..things came up..but anyways id like to do it next week *PsYcHo.u[N]

12. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I WANT to play, but unfortunately for me, that time works out to be in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday... about 5am I believe (I might be wrong there - I'm forever mucking up the time difference!!!). However, if there are enough people from the Australasian area, I would be happy to organise one (and MF my buttcheeks off so we have prizes!)... post or msg me!

OR - alternatively: Conner - stay up REALLY late one night and do a Thunder-Down-Under Ironman!

13. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Im in RaSaDa on east

14. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

LOL Mali, man that sucks. I thought about all you poor guys on the opposite side of the world, but no way I'm gonna stay up that late. LOL

Since there is a whole week until the next Ironman, we have some time to discuss here.

Change #1 to this Ironman will not be a winner takes all, there will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. The three prizes I mentioned will all be available as prizes respectively. 1st place gets first choice and so on. So even MORE of a reason to go hone your skills.

Important: This week will also start my Tournament of Champions Sweepstakes. We will schedule an Ironman for Saturday and I'm toying with another one for late Saturday night or Sunday (for those that can't make it to the first one). The top 3 winners in each day get to do battle the following weekend (we can work the time out for everyone) with 2 Alternate spots open for 4th place finishes on Sat or Sun. The Prize will be very nice...

The Prize for the 28th or 29th: (for those that cannot wait)
    1st Place: Unique Monarch aka Stormshield
    2nd Place: Set Mythical Sword aka Bul-Kathos Tribal Guardian

Wet your appetite for destruction any?

15. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Glad to see you back Rasada! Talked to you online today... just saw your post and decided to say hello. (in case i hadent told you, im *Trickytrout online)
    Its a lot of fun, i didnt the last one :)

I say we do these every weekend! maybe switch up who provides the prize? change the rules a little? I cant do it for 2 weekends (Trip to India)

-Matt

EDIT: ARG! just saw your post Conner, So i miss the one with Stormshield and BK myth sword huh ;) We are definitly doing some more of these things when im here to play :)

16. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

I would love to try this but I can't participate for the next month or so since my weekends are all filled up. :(

17. devil_hatred

On the tourney of champions you should garuntee the top 3 spots from each game, and then let the #4 from each ironman duel and winner gets the final spot. Even If i dont win the ironman, or even get in the champions tourney i love ironman contests and you have become my new best friend. *dowdevil *devil_hatred whenever.

18. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

dang stormshield and bulkathos :surprise: matt dont go to india help me again lol :p

19. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

count me in if I can remember that far in advance, anyways don't know channel or time :(, but msg me on HelzCaretaker, HelzDestroyer, x-treme-team or fp-annhilator (I can post more accts to try and msg me on if you wish ;))

20. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Helz, try just posting friday nightish, and also, channel and time will be posted again before the ironman i assume, and what we did last time was just show up, Conner didnt whisper anyone or anything, so you dont really need to post an account (for anything i saw, maybe Conner wants them for something) Just show up in the designated channel, which will be posted here I'm sure. Good luck!

-Matt