Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Iron skin vs. Shout

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by shazbot, Jun 27, 2010.

1. shazbot

shazbot Diabloii.Net Member

Iron skin vs. Shout

So I was wondering which of these skills would give better defense when maxed. Right now, I have a lvl 80 barb with about +8 in skills. Should I max shout first, and then dump the rest into iron skin, or should I max iron skin first? And how does iron skin stack with shout? Is there a difference between say, 50% iron skin bonus and 150% shout bonus, and vice versa?

2. zarirazz

zarirazz Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Iron skin vs. Shout

1st point in shout and iron skin gives 100% and 30% ed respectively and 10% per skill point onwards. so, shout provides a little bit more at the expense of needing to recast.

however, why most people would say shout is the better investment apart from the extra defense is the extra length it provides for bo and bc, and not to mention increase party's defense as well including your merc.

as for stacking, it's a straight stack. 100%ed from shout and 30%ed from iron skin gives a total of 130% ed.

my 2cents; put 1 point in iron skin and max shout first

3. shazbot

shazbot Diabloii.Net Member

Ah thanks. That cleared up a lot.

4. Elyxthaxzus

Elyxthaxzus Diabloii.Net Member

also, keep in mind that shout boosts beserk damage as well via synergy. so each poitn you put in shout makes your beserk more powerful. You may not use it, but it certainly is a nice feature, and great emergency option for PI's. maxing shout makes beserk a very powerful attack for 1 pt.