Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

iron skin vs shout

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by ceije, May 2, 2005.

1. ceije

ceije IncGamers Member

iron skin vs shout

hi all,
    im making a ww barb, berserk will be used primarily as a backup for PI's and iron maiden and such, so im not really to worried about the synergy from shout. the thought of not having to recast shout makes me lean towards iron skin and natural resistance in stead of shout.
    Besides the slightly more defence from shout, is it really that important to me or am i missing the big picture?
    thnx for the help

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

In 1.09 I liked Iron Skin better, but the increased duration in 1.10 is really nice...So you don't have to recast it all the time. Also Shout will help out your merc & party members (if any) which is a very good reason to choose Shout. Of course if you are very lazy then go with Iron Skin but Shout really isn't such a hassle any more.

3. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Iron skin and shout gives the same def, but shout adds to the duration of battle orders. You WILL use battle orders, hence there is no reason at all to choose iron skin over shout.

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Don't let them fool you place at least 1 point in both, the initial bonus 30% and 100% are well worth the 1 point.

Shout is nice but if you happen to get mobbed, shout can wear off at the wrong time. I like having some in ironskin first then points in shout.

With Battle Orders as a skill shout proves much more useful overall.

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Shout. It gives you a high defense rate over a long period of time with more points, and synergizes both battle orders and command; you'll learn to appreciate the huge durations this gives those skills, so you don't have to recast them nearly as often. Furthermore, 200% extra berserk damage makes IM/PI enemies go down all the quicker.

Besides, shout helps you, your merc, your party, and any nearby friendly units as well. Get one point of ironskin, max shout, and then place any leftovers back in skin.

-Hal

6. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Fool? Dont you think he is capable of figuring out that he should place 1 point in both skills anyway?

Maxed shout lasts over 5 minutes without +skills. You cant kill a mob in that time? It's like saying you shouldn't use bo in case it wears off...

Just recast bc, bo and shout every 3-4 minutes. Hard?

7. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I think they are quite capable of figuring out to use atleast 1 point in both, but some people will max a skill before placing a point in another skill.

saying shout is better sometimes insinuates place 20 points in shout before placing any in ironskin. the best way to get started is 1 point in shout, 1 point in ironskin, then max shout.

They are not the only ones seeking advice in this thread some real noobs look here for advice. Stating the obvious and a bit additional info is useful when such questions are brought up.

8. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

MAX Iron Skin and Natural Resistance instead of Shout and Battle Orders, because chances are, there will be another barb in the game who would have maxed Shout and Battle Orders. This way you benefit from all. ;)

Mainly kidding, but something to think about because if there are more than a few barbs playing, all those skill points spent in Shout/BO are wasted on all barbs except 1 with the highest skill points right? Also saves you from arguing who's BO is better. But if you are the only barb in the game, be prepared to be called a NOOB. :)

I would personally go for Shout over Iron Skin.

9. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

True. Then again, why all the fuss about def? It's useless for a wwbarb with decent gear anyway =)