Iron Skin or Shout

King Of Cold

Diabloii.Net Member
Iron Skin or Shout

Well, I know I'll probably be chastised for making a Thread, but I am a working man and do not have the sufficient time to be wading through seas of text.
Basically which of these two skills gives a better turn out defensively when maxed. Thank you for your time.

Stay Frosty,

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
Re: Iron Skin or Shout

Shout is an all round skill - it's a synergy to usefull skills such as berserk or battle orders and it also aids your party.

I'm not sure if the raw defense bonus from iron skin is higher than the one from shout though :(

King Of Cold

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks Mike, I appreciate your reply. My main concern at the moment is maximizing my own defense, I am not worried about teammates at all at this point. The synergy to Bo might be nice ... Hmm hard to choose though without knowing which gives more Def.
Thanks again.

graal

Diabloii.Net Member

I would definetly go with shout and only put 1 pt in iron skin. I think they both give +10% so adding seconds to all warcries plus boosting your merc is a lot better even if you play alone. I'm not entirely sure though, it was a long time ago i checked that.

jamesisbest

Diabloii.Net Member

Make sure to put 1 point into iron skin (initial 30 level 1 iron skin gives is more than the 10 you get for each point in shout and with + level gear it adds a lot more). Then max out shout. They both go up at the same increment each level after level 1 which is 10% per level. Like Mike said it is useful for party members (a maxed out one increases their defense a lot) and is useful for synergies for longer duration for other cries. If you have any spare points after maxing it out it won't hurt getting more iron skin it's only a tad bit less useful.

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Diabloii.Net Member

It's shout - no questions asked. That's because level 1 shout gives you +100%, while level 1 iron skin is only 10%. After that, they both give 10% increases per point spent beyond level 1.

So that first point in iron skin is worth the investment, but beyond that no. Iron skin synergizes with nothing, while Shout synergizes with BO (duration), Battle Commands (duration), and Berserk (damage). Plus shout helps your merc and anyone you may be partied with, while iron skin just helps you.

Of course, if you're going for a max defense build, you'll want to max both and bring a defiance merc with you.