Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Iron Maiden in Nightmare/Hell?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by borfa, Oct 1, 2006.

1. borfa

borfa IncGamers Member

Iron Maiden in Nightmare/Hell?

I wanted to know if threre was some sort of list that existed that tell you all the monsters that use the curse iron maiden in each difficulty since im a hardcore ladder melee character. I know some might say that this curse will get me sooner or later but Im still having a blast anyway, lvl 50 zeal pally with a sexy bloodletter.

Also while on the subject is there other things such as Iron Maiden that could kill me instantly in nightmare that I should watch out for? So far I got 1k HP, 400-1000zeal, 25%hp drain and I just dont see what could get me down beside IM.

Normal: From what I saw so far I think there is only the Oblivion Knight in diablo's lair that cast it

Nightmare: ?? (Oblivion Knight only still or more are known in other areas?)

Hell: ?? (same as above)

2. hugman

hugman IncGamers Member

Just oblivion knights, but on higher difficulties they spawn in a5 as well

3. borfa

borfa IncGamers Member

Thanks alot. Also another little question, I red somewhere long ago to alwais stay far away from Fire enchanted mobs because there was some sort of bug that could get u kill instantly (beside their death's explosion). Is this true or have been fixed?

4. turnips

turnips IncGamers Member

FE bug still exists unfortunately. I don't know if they're more powerful than minor unique bosses but it seems the worst FE bosses are A3 Travincial (think it's Geleb) and A5 Arreat Summit (think it's normally Korlic). They can basically 1-hit almost anything standing too close. Now a question from me...is this bug only for Nightmare?

5. borfa

borfa IncGamers Member

Yes I need more information about that bug too since I dont even really know what its about really, just that it exist.

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

double mint gum

7. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

At this point Blizzard maintains that it's not a bug but an intended feature.

It used to be that, because FE death explosions are based on a percentage of the monsters' hitpoints, just about any FE explosion in Nightmare and Hell could one-hit KO any character regardless of how much life/resists/DR you had. Since then, FE explosions have been toned down quite a bit in Hell, but beefy monsters in larger games (i.e. Extra Strong Fire Enchanted Lister in a Hell Baal game) can still pwn you.

Nightmare has not changed. Do not stick around for any FE death explosion in Nightmare; stay the **** back.

8. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

In normal difficulty, oblivion knights will only spawn in the Chaos Sanctuary.

In nightmare and hell, there are 3 common areas that can spawn oblivion knights:

Chaos Sanctuary (always)
    Worldstone Keep Level 3
    Throne of Destruction

They also spawn in Izual's area if you're doing ubers, and probably also appear in at least one of the red portals in act 5... although I never cared enough to look.