Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

iron maiden + clay golem???

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by bengoin, Jun 5, 2005.

1. bengoin

bengoin IncGamers Member

iron maiden + clay golem???

ok i see this around to kill bosses but i dont get why clay? wouldnt blood be better because as the boss gets self damaged it would give life to the golem. making it almost invincible???

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Clay golems just have buckets of life and low defence (= get hit more), also, he has other benefits such as slow enemy.
    And blood golem simply isnt good enough to go up against a boss, it would still lose a hell of a lot of life, since bosses have less leech, and its already cut in nm and hell.

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

no golem is viable in pvm even with maxed synergies. They just don't do enough dmg. Most people just put one point in clay golem because there are no prerequisites and its used as a distraction and it has nice slow effect when it attacks.

4. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

The Blood Golem + Iron Maiden combo doesn't work anymore. In the old days, the damage from Iron Maiden counted as the Blood Golem doing that damage and thus it replenished it's own life and yours making it nearly invincible. In 1.10 this was fixed. When Iron Maiden returns damage, this doesn't count as damage done by the Blood Golem thus it doesn't leech life when IM does damage.

For Act Boss killing, you can't really kill them in the later difficulties with a golem and IM anymore. Ideally, you'd want to use a Clay Golem and Decrep. Whenever a Clay Golem hits a target or is hit with a melee attack by a target, the target gets slowed. Combined with Decrep, they will be very very slow. This makes them easier to gun down with other spells or minions.

5. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

I would like to point out that a golem build is indeed possible in 1.10, just very very very very item dependant, and wasteful for that matter.

With as many plus skills as possible and a BoTD Eth Thundermaul as your Iron Golem, use Amp to increase his damage, which is massive and kills quite quickly, and then use Corpse Explosion once the first guy falls. The build is pretty entertaining and Iron Golem does indeed stick around with you to the next game so you wont have to remake him every time.

Very rediculous but possible nonetheless.

phil

6. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

I doubt that it would survive any act bosses in hell, but I'll try it out eventually on Single Player.

7. sensei

sensei IncGamers Member

i just tried it, maxxed all the golems and mastery, 1 point in amp damage and the rest in summon resist. i had lvl 34 golems, i made an iron out of a ebotd collosus blade. he did ok in act1 but in worldstone with /players 8 he sucked, couldnt kill colenzo

8. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

You ought to try the BoTD Thundermaul instead since it gets about 600 more max damage. It took me a while to kill everyone, especailly the minions, but I did indeed make it all the way to Baal on 8 players.

And if you are going for near perfect gear it should be no problem to get more than lvl 34 golems, that is pretty low.

phil

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Just today a SPF member made a guardian out of a iron golemmancer. check it out here.
    However, that requires lots of good items, and some time. the other golems dont really stand a chance at killing anything. You could probably kill faster as a meleemancer using a elite wand...

10. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

No. Ignoring the obscure builds with Iron Golem, or the Noobs and their fire golem, Clay is the way to go: he's cheap to recast, as too much life to die unless you meet something comparable to an extra fast spectral hit extra strong aura enchanted cursed pack of Listers, has a very high target priority for monsters including act bosses, and --- icing on the cake --- has a very nice slow effect.

Put clay next to Diablo or Baal, cast Decrepify on them and let your cold mages take aim --- and sit back and watch act bosses in slow motion. Very slow motion; Baal in particular will be unable to teleport, create tentacles or make clone --- so no spells that would distract your army.

I use Gumby as my personal meatshield, and as distraction --- place him behind bosspacks (so they turn around to attack him, leaving their backs ready to be stabbed by your skellies) or inside bosspacks, place them between archers and your skellies, cast him ahead in the pit or pindle to stop monsters from coming towards you. He's the perfect tank, and he always appears where you want him to.

11. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I studied the Clay Golem very carefully. Enemies appear to be slowed whether they hit him or he hits them. That's where the rumor of his slow effect having a radius came from. Not true. He's just a cursed punching bag basically. When combined with Decrepify and ice attacks from mages, bosses are pretty damn near paralyzed and he's so cheap to resummon it's like having a minion that can teleport for you to slow down any group trying to flank you. He's an awesome tank for two points and he helps handicap bosses in a big way.

IG has some interesting possibilities but the best ones are too expensive or too temporary and you can't simply yoink him off the table and put him somewhere else at will. I have been saving up some Hwanin's Refuge armor to see how that static charge on being hit thing works out. It could be pretty nasty.