Iron Golem Questions

Apoxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Iron Golem Questions

Hey everybody.
Questions regarding our iron friend...

* He has a base damage of 7-19 - And it's impossible to increase that base damage without investing points into fire golem right?
* Does the thorn merc's aura stack alongside the golem's?
* Whats the situation on weapon damage. If you create an iron golem out of a weapon with (for example) 3-21 damage will he get an overall damage of 10-40 or is it more complicated than that? I ask this because I continually make IGs out of big-ass brutal axes and such and he never seems to do much damage
* He has 50% Lightning resistance. So with a few points into Summon Resist he is immune to lightning?

Cheers :fish:

P.S - I'm level 32 golemancer and Shenk just dropped the Gravenspine for me. How happy am I :D

Apoxx said:
* He has a base damage of 7-19 - And it's impossible to increase that base damage without investing points into fire golem right?
* Does the thorn merc's aura stack alongside the golem's?
* Whats the situation on weapon damage. If you create an iron golem out of a weapon with (for example) 3-21 damage will he get an overall damage of 10-40 or is it more complicated than that? I ask this because I continually make IGs out of big-ass brutal axes and such and he never seems to do much damage
* He has 50% Lightning resistance. So with a few points into Summon Resist he is immune to lightning?

1) i think thats right, only pts in fire golem boost its base damage
2) IIRC the auras dont stack. IG has its own thorn thing and doesnt get it twice
3) weapon dmaage is added to base damage. the damage is so pitiful tho. ur better off lookin for CB (think windhammer :lol: )
4) yes, i think that wud make him immure to lightning, tho in my opinion golem mastery is only really worth 1 point

gl! :clap: :thumbsup:

Crashlander

Diabloii.Net Member
I have always found the IG to be far too weak to actually kill anything. Like comeoutandplay says use something with a mod like open wounds or crushing blow on it. I always use a standard socketed weap with runes/gems/jewels to give knockback/lifeleech/cold damage. If he gets surrounded he will chill the enemy, leech life from it, knock it back then target the next one.

IG starts 100% poison and 50% lightning resistant so 50% resist all would leave him poison and lightning immune, 50% fire and ice resistant. If you make him out of a shield with a perfect ruby and sapphire he will be completely elementally immune.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Apoxx said:
Questions regarding our iron friend...
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

You should check out the Golem FAQ sticky.