Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Iron Golem: Questions and tips please

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by zarkadon, Sep 15, 2010.

1. zarkadon

zarkadon IncGamers Member

Iron Golem: Questions and tips please

Hi, I'm going to start an Overlord after the reset and I'm kind of bored of always using Clay Golem so I plan to make an IG this time. I want it powerful, I don't care if its expensive or if I might loose it. I have chosen 4 weapons, out of which one will be used to summon the golem and the other will be used on my might merc: Doom, Pride, Ininity and Obedience. So I'd like advice on which two to chose (and why of course), and on which base weapon. I will also benefit from the fanatism aura Beast gives me. Another question is if an IG Necromancer can go into UT (I don't plan to make the Necromancer for that purpose, but I just want to know in case one day I decide to take trip).

I'd also like tips on how to put the points to power up my IG (60 will go to Skelleton, Mages, Revive and Mastery).

Regards and thankyou in advance

2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Re: Iron Golem: Questions and tips please

Actually insight is the best one.

3. shuy

shuy IncGamers Member

Do not stack too many auras. If you use Beast, your merc use Might + meditation/conviction then IG aura can crash game. It is especially annoying for necro - resurect your minions again.
    Maybe this patch is more stable, but in the past I have problem.

I do not know too much about golem mastery, but I think his damage never is great. Crushing blow can help a little, but instead of Obedience use "black". I understand that you do not care about price, but black use only 3 slots in stash, then you can have few "spare" golems in inventory ;)

4. zarkadon

zarkadon IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies... if none of the ones I thought of are all that good, what should I put on my merc then?

Thanks

PS: Games don't crash anymore with mass auras ;)

5. Dalerian

Dalerian IncGamers Member

My iron golems vanish between sessions (times I start Diablo) about 1 in 5. I might just be unlucky, but I might not. In case you get my sort of luck, I'd suggest trying a week or so with cheap golems to see how well they hang around for you.

By now, I'm glad that I've never spent more than a junk unique on a golem.

6. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I suggest NOT getting a prebuff gear when you summon your IG, I believe it is the cause of vanishing IGs