Iraq War Fatalities - map/date flash

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
Iraq War Fatalities - map/date flash

You might have seen this already, but I just came across it with StumbleUpon and thought it was interesting.

http://www.obleek.com/iraq/

1. You can see the invasion route right at the beginning.

2. Try unchecking the USA box.

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't find any Danish fatalities. And someone (probably Al-Quida) threatened to attack Denmark for their troops in Iraq?

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
Steve_Kow said:
It might fool a foolish person into thinking there's been alot of American deaths in Iraq.
Well, I guess that depends on how you define "a lot." I think it's "a lot" compared to the deaths of other forces, "a lot" compared to the number I would liked killed, but "a little" compared to the total number of human beings on the planet.

Does anybody know of any remotely reliable statistics on Iraqi deaths? Military and civilian? I hear a lot about civilian (this and this are common), but not much on military.

In Mogidishu (the Black Hawk Down battle), you always hear about the ~20 American deaths, but rarely the ~500-1000 Somali deaths. I did like how their government (if you can call it that) claimed there were ~5,000-10,000 Somali deaths; our forces are good, but not that good.

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
plasmo said:
Does anybody know of any remotely reliable statistics on Iraqi deaths? Military and civilian? I hear a lot about civilian (this and this are common), but not much on military..
48 Iraqis were killed in the last 24 hours.

Over 1500 have died since April 28, 2005

MSNBC

Casualties equivalent to the recent tragic London bombing are happening in Iraq ... almost every other day. :(

asdf

Diabloii.Net Member
piff said:
I can't find any Danish fatalities. And someone (probably Al-Quida) threatened to attack Denmark for their troops in Iraq?
there's one by al fallujah

Ranger14

Diabloii.Net Member
It is a war and 2.3 casualties a day. That doesn't seem drastic at all to me. Any loss of life isn't good, but it certainly isn't an overly large fatality rate.

As to comparing loss of life in a war zone to a peaceful London area...well, I won't even go there...

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Ranger14 said:
It is a war and 2.3 casualties a day. That doesn't seem drastic at all to me. Any loss of life isn't good, but it certainly isn't an overly large fatality rate.
If you want to state casualties ... then you need to add the 13,189 wounded to the 1943 coalition dead.

But then again ... that is looking at only one side of the story.

Ranger14 said:
As to comparing loss of life in a war zone to a peaceful London area...well, I won't even go there...
I'm so glad to hear that. Why, everybody knows that Iraq is now a war zone ... so lets simply write off those Iraqi civilian casualties as mere "collateral damage". There's absolutely no need to consider that Iraqis didn't start the war or ask for their homes or businesses to be destroyed ... those are just more mere details. Ya, that's the ticket. Call it a "war zone" and the death, destruction, and mayhem now seem less important. :rolleyes:

What's that I hear? Dissension in the ranks? :eek:

Listen Iraqi people, we are very sorry that many of your fellow countrymen were inadvertantly slaughtered by our bombs and bullets or wasted by insurgents due to our colonial presence. We agree wholeheartedly, it's a real shame. But cheer up, after you bury many of your kin and live in abject fear for the next decade or two, those that survive will be marching to freedom ... unless we bug out early.

----------

Oh by the way, in case you missed it, here's The June in Iraq you didn't see

Ranger14

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry, I meant fatalities. I will restate that 2.3 fatalities a day is not that significant for a war.

I have a letter also...

Dear Iraqis, we are sorry there are unintentional civilian losses in our effort to help your people. If you are upset, we will return Hussein to power and will be sorry for the loss of life he caused to your people and will continue to cause your people.

It's never black and white...