Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Iraq Update

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Module88, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

2. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

Yes I think we should all commemerate the dead, as well as with the living. God help everyone in Iraq survive in these hard times.

3. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

Through the many passers of the forum, four have bothered to look at it. I find it pitiful that differences between me and others prevent people from even looking at my threads. No one cares about an update of casualties and the heroic efforts of dozens of people if posted by me. Goes to show how a lot of people in this world today run, not just the forum. Sad but true.

4. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Be patient Mod ... people will look at your thread :thumbsup:

I would add to that roster all of the innocent civilians in Iraq that perished in the war. It is unfortunate that there is no list to tell their story.

5. Freemason

Freemason Banned

http://www.khilafah.com/
    Somewhere on this site there is a list of dead Iraqis. They moved the link and I need to go back to work (damned short lunch hour).

Mind you, that is a terrorist propaganda site.

6. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

I think you're mistaken, everyone has respect for the people that help keep us safe and free. people will look and people will flip thorugh those names and faces.

7. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

What's disturbing is that the number of people killed in suicide bombings outstrips the entire Israeli-Palestinian conflict's total for the past three or four years running. This has got to stop.

8. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I couldn't have said it better myself. Both the dead and living are in my thoughts.

9. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I don't recall ever having any problem with you, and if I did it's apparently long forgotten.

I just really have nothing to say on this, and had to debate even posting this much because I don't want to run the risk of being "that guy that turned the condolences thread into a political bash-fest."

But the feeling of scrolling through, looking at names and faces of those who gave their lives, ostensibly to protect their country and in reality to take control of an oil-rich patch of dirt the size of a couple Idahos, recognizing an ex-coworker, someone you went to high school with and lost touch, or God forbid a family member, and then reaching the bottom and finding out there are five more pages of them... and then realizing that under no circumstances can this end within the next decade...

Honestly, there's nothing to be said. The world is a place that I grow less fond of with each passing day.

10. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

I agree... if your a democrat... republician.. For Bush, for Kerry. Pro-war or Anti-war, you should at least pay your respects for the soldier who makes this very forum and topic possible, without them freedom would just be an idea rather than a way of life.

11. Freemason

Freemason Banned

The only way to stop the suicide bombings is to stop them at their source or run away.
    Stopping them will mean war with Iran, Syria and Saudia Arabia.
    All that running away will do is show yet again that terrorism is a viable means of getting what you want. Either way thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of more people are going to die.

The question is how to make their deaths mean something.

12. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

You can't stamp out terrorism unless you find out the reasons why they are fighting and resolve them. Otherwise, there will always be terrorists and there will always be innocent casualties.

13. Freemason

Freemason Banned

That's a fair question. The answer is extremely simple.

They want to convert us to their brand of corrupted Islam. Since they cannot do that by force, they kill us for infidels.

They blow up women and children because they are to cowardly to stand tall and fight other men. They fight hard when cornered, but so does a cornered rat.

The only way to resolve the problem is to destroy it. They are so firmly set in their belief that their way is right that you cannot change them. They're fanatics, you can't change a fanatic. Since they are bent on fanatically killing innocents, we are left with one option. Kill them first.

Were they to fight like men and not cowards, then I might be willing to try to understand more about them. Since they are not, they are given the same respect as a gorilla turd floating in the punch bowl.

14. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

A moment of silence for our fallen, please!

There is a place for political comments. This is not it.

15. magejames_04

magejames_04 Banned

16. Carnage-DVS

The reason they fight like this is because against an organized military force, they would be slaughtered. Terrorist bombing is a strategic move. They kill the civilians, thus making the government look bad. The government looks weak as they can't prevent the bombings. They cannot fight like men, because they will get slaughtered.

17. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

I don't understand how a cowardly whack-o murdering innocent civilians makes the government look ineffective.

Murder begets murder.

I'm with Smeg here. Annihilate the leaders of the terrorist organizations, no quarter, no mercy. Throw in a few radical religious nutcases while you are at it.

Might as well include Sharon and his cronies, also. They are as bad if not worse.

18. Carnage-DVS

They undermine the government. The civilians see that the government can't protect them from the terrorist attacks. It's simple guerilla tactics. If you are vastly outnumbered, you do your best to take out as many targets as you can. And I agree about Sharon. Arafat and SHaron and their cronies need to be looked into a room together, and then the survivors should be executed.

19. Freemason

Freemason Banned

It may be possible to convince the lower echelon members of the terror organizations to change their ways. But to do that you first would have eliminate their leaders from the picture. Without the rhetoric and hatemongering speach constantly around them, it may be possible to help those people recover. Not unlike salvaging people from a cult.

Not that I'm inclined to try. I'd rather just kill them as an object lesson to the rest of the potential terrorists. Join them and die.

20. Carnage-DVS

That's where we differ then.