Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

iPod settlement claim help plz?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geeno, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

iPod settlement claim help plz?

Does anyone else out there have a third generation iPod with battery failure?

Mine isnt outright dead, but the charge time is severely diminished. So apparently I am a candidate to recieve a new iPod or a 50 dollar gift certificate (obviously holding out for the iPod).

Apparently I can submit a claim via email with a .pdf file, but Im really not sure what that entitles. Perhaps I should just send via US Mail?

I know there are some ipod owners here.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well fill the form in, send it online, and if they accept it, good for you, if they dont, then go buy a 20gig sony walkman. its an mp3 player that actually plays mp3's!

3. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Erm...the iPod plays mp3s.

4. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

What do you mean third generation Ipod?

I've got a mini Ipod, which seems to have a similar problem.

I plug the thing in ALL night, a good 8 hours. When I turn it on in the morning, it almost immediately (ranges from ZERO to about half an hour of battery life) tells me its out of battery.

Also, it will be going along, when it DOES work, and pushing the "play" button to select a song, rather than pushing the button in the middle, seems to cause it to think its out of battery.

I've also had, in the past, where it will tell me its out of battery, and shut off, and I reset it a couple times, with it insisting each time its out of battery and shutting off, where if I do it enough, it will suddenly spring back to life, and decide to work for a while.

I have no idea what generation Ipod it is, I got it in early february though...

Is this problem basically what yours is? finnicky battery?

-Matt

5. Dj_Otaku

Dj_Otaku IncGamers Member

You need to get your battery replaced in an iPod every year or so, It costs $99.99.

Dj_Otaku

6. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

This is the theory, but is not always the case. My first-gen iPod still holds a decent charge (not the full 8 hrs, anymore, but a respectable 6), and my fiancee's mini (now a year old) gets her through the work day and the commute. My third gen, turning one year this month, still holds enough of a charge to get me through airport security, an hour wait, and a 6 hour flight to Denver without losing it's charge.

So yes, in theory the batteries can deteriorate after a year, but this is the exception, not the rule.

7. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I have had my iPod(3rd gen) for over a year(Year was up in December) and I still get the full 8 hours. Then again I don't abuse my batteries.

http://www.appleipodsettlement.com/instruct.html should help.