Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Invisible gear etc.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheApostate, Jun 4, 2008.

1. TheApostate

TheApostate IncGamers Member

Invisible gear etc.

I had just one or two quick questions for you folks... I'm sure this has been addressed before, but what's the deal with characters whose gear does not show up? I've heard it has something to do with the strength or dex requirements being met w/o putting actual points in, but I'd like to know the specifics.

Also, on the Infinity runeword, how does the -%lit res work? I understand conviction of course, but (in the event that a merc is carrying the runeword)does the -%lit res only work on whatever enemy the merc is currently concentrating on?

Thanks for your time.:thumbsup:

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: Invisible gear etc.

It's the Strength Bug Glitch.

Simple short answer: You don't have enough hard points in STR to wear (of whoever you see does not) something, but the extra strength points needed are gained from charms or other items in gear slots (boot, helm, glove, etc.).

This is most noticeable with armor.

3. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

It only works for the character wearing the runeword (usually merc). Works on all monsters I think, not only the one you're attacking.

4. Grimey

Grimey Banned

It's kinda funny when a Amazon is shooting arrows with her fists or a naked barb
    whirlling.

5. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

It works on all monsters your character damages. But only your damage benefits from it.

6. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

yeah what I meant, but explained poorly. :azn:

7. Furyan

Furyan IncGamers Member

I hate the str bug. I can't stand other players not being able to see my gear :crazyeyes: So since I play PvM mostly, I stat my chars up till all their gear is visible :fire:

But yeah indeed, it's quite annoying. It has funny moments as well though: my Zealot uses a dex bugged Windforce versus IM knights, which is hilarious in duels... They see me fly-swatting air with my fist while in reality I'm firing 6k physical damage at them :grin:

Usually when duelling naked chars: watch out, they tend to be quite perfect geared...

8. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

Or tards who will wear stat charms over life charms just for the naked effect. Run into plenty of this type as well. Str and Dex skillers should be worth little more than plain skillers, and yet people seek them out. Three guesses why.
    Oh, well. But my torch and anni don't quite make all my gear disappear, and I really want that naked look!

9. Tarvold

Tarvold IncGamers Member

stupid, why would anyone NOT want to show their gears, especially the barb whose gear gfx is the best in the game. who wants to see a 350 pound baby taking a swing, instead of a warrior wearing plate armor swinging a huge axe in someones face...retards.

10. HomoCow

HomoCow IncGamers Member

maybe cz we're not u?

or maybe cz some1 wanna save stats for vita

but i think its mostly the 1st 1 :tongue:

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, naked people are geared with what nature gave them and it's the results of hundreds of millions of years of evolution. How can that be less than perfect ?

It seems nobody noticed the ambiguosity so far. That reminds me a bit of cowruns in 1.09 where people were playing endlessly and in full earnest in a parody level, without noticing the irony :whistling: