Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Inventory

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SilkenKidden, Mar 27, 2004.

1. SilkenKidden

SilkenKidden IncGamers Member

Inventory

I've just started the game and the lack of inventory slots is a real bother.

Does it get better later on? Are there any "bags of holding" that create an inventory within an inventory?

2. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

unfortuneatly (sp?) there are no bags of holding :grrr: however, thanks to hakai_no_tenshi (sp?) we have atma, with which you can make characters with infinite holding space to hold all of your hard fought for items.

you play DnD dont you? :D

3. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF :howdy:
    Are you playing classic or the expansion? The expansion has a slighty larger space to hold items. Then like was already said, ATMA gives you unlimited stash space, read the sticky for more info on ATMA.

4. SilkenKidden

I have the expansion pack but haven't installed it yet. I guess I should. Do I have to install any patches after the expansion pack? I really needed the patch. The game wouldn't run under W2K for me at all without the patch. Thanks.

I'll look at the ATMA faq. Thanks for pointing me to that. Right now I haven't the slightest idea what it is.

Ok, back after reading aboutATMA. I gather it is a program that I download. Does it patch my game files or do I run it concurrently with the game? I guess I should just go get it and see what happens.

5. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

ATMA is a third party program, meaning that it runs seperately from D2. After you upgrade to LOD, you will have to reinstall 1.1

6. SilkenKidden

ATMA has me totally confused. I downloaded and installed it.

I ran it and opened my character.

I created a new character. I can't drag stuff from my main character to the new character.

I created a new stash. I don't know how to relate that to my character or the new character.

I don't know how to make the infinite stash.

I can't drag items from my character to the new character.

The item property window won't open completely.

I save the character and exit from ATMA. But nothing has changed when I open the game. I select my original character. The stash is the same size as it was to begin with.

I guess I have to read more, but can you tell me, does ATMA enlarge the stash in the game or do you run ATMA while playing the game and somehow drag the items to the ATMA stash?

7. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

i dont quite understand how all of it works, but somewhere at the top in one of the menus, is a "create new stash" thing, make one of those, then open your character while your not in a game, and open the stash (which is under the D2X tab on the left side) then click and drag the stuff from your character to the stash.

8. Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane IncGamers Member

What ATMA does, is allow you to mule items in Single Player D2. It does NOT mod the game in any direct way. Install LoD if you haven't already, with LoD your stash doubles in size.

I wish I could explain ATMA more clearly to you, but I'm really new to it as well. All I know is that it allows you to transfer items between "stashes" (which are NOT in-game stashes, but rather space in the ATMA program you can transfer to/from) that you can use to go between characters and store items that you don't want to carry.

9. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

You have to check the "Default D2I" under Configure in ATMA - its probably checked off as the newest version - patch 1.10. When you open a char file and then create a new char or stash file in ATMA, they must all be of the same patch. You are running D2 w/o LOD so your character can likely be opened by ATMA but everything else is a "higher" LOD patch version. You cant move items from one file to another if not the same patch.

Also for the "bag of holding" concept - in Act 2 of the game, you have to find the Horadic Cube, which holds a 4x3 space, while only taking up a 2x2 space in your inventory. useful for carrying things you dont need right away - like scrolls, keys, extra weapon.

10. SilkenKidden

I have patch 1.10 installed. However, I just tried it with each of the options. I can't drag in any of them.

I guess I'll settle for the expansion pack and the cube.

Thanks.

11. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

Atma is a very usefull tool and I suggest learning how to use it. However there are a few things that are tricky about it. When you are dragging items from character to stash or whatever you are holding the item at the top left corner of the item. Example if you are trying to drag a item that is 1x4 sqaures ATMA will not let you put that item on the bottom row of the character inventory. You must drag it to the top row.

Also the cursor when dragging changes so that you know you can drop it in the new place. If it won't fit or you are dragging to the wrong spot the cursor is a circle with a line through it. When AMTA see that the item will "Fit" then the cursor changes to hand cursor used in Diablo.

I hope this helps explain muling in ATMA a little better.

12. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Welcome to the Forums! :wave:

To explain, ATMA is a third party program that lets you mule items off of a character onto other characters or into a "stash" (not to be comfused with your personal stash in the actual game). The stash in ATMA has infinite space, however, the stash can hold only items from a single version. So if you had started playing v1.07 for instance, and then upgraded to v1.10, then v1.10 items wouldnt go into the v1.07 patch and vice versa.

Character files (.d2s files) are your character files in diablo, meaning that if you were to open two different characters you could move items between those two characters. Once a change in a character is made, you will see a little asterisk in the title bar of that characters window (the bar on the very top with character name.d2s will change to character name.d2s*)

You can do the same with a ATMA stash (.d2x) file and a character, as long as the stash and the item you want to transfer is of the same version.

A tip on moving items; ATMA always moves the item based on the top left corner of the item, meaning that wherever you grab a certain item to drop it, your cursor represents the top left corner of the item. Also, as far as i know, ATMA doesn't support the same dragging system as diablo in the sence that you cant drop a 4x2 item onto, for instance, a potion, and when you drop that 4x2 item you pick up the potion, meaning you need to have the whole space open to drop an item, no displacing items.

Hope this helps, if not then feel free to ask here, we're a friendly bunch and will try to answer your questions. Also, make sure to read the Single Player FAQ, Tips & character guides stickied at the top of the SPF.

And again, welcome :wave: