Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Introductory thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by thejewk, Apr 21, 2019.

1. thejewk

thejewk Diabloii.Net Member

Hi all, thought it best to write a quick introduction post before I start posting in earnest.

I originally played Diablo 2 near the release, and I am fairly sure I never had the expansion. My brother and I used to have to wait until 7pm when the dial up cost was free, and then we each got an hour to play. I have no memory of where exactly I got with my characters, and I know I struggled a lot and had no notion of builds or resistance penalties, but it made me love arpgs.

Over the years I've lost many hours to Sacred 2, a bunch of other arpgs sucked me in for a short while too. A few years ago, however, I decided to play some Path of Exile, and 1600 hours later I started to get the itch to shake things up.

I was initially inclined to download D2 for some of the conversion mods, but when I downloaded it a few weeks ago I decided instead to play it on the latest patch for a week or so first so that I could familiarise myself with the controls and systems.

Well yesterday I got my first pat/mat in the form of a skelemancer build, and I've spent today preparing some gear for a Sorceress I will be starting tomorrow. I also got a Titan's to drop, which means I have to make a javazon. And if I'm doing that, why not go for an SSF sept?

Yep, I've got it bad.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Grape, T72on1, Ghonn and 2 others like this.
  2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Yep, you're infected! Welcome to our forums!

thejewk likes this.
  3. Jamie

Jamie Diabloii.Net Member

Haiiiii. Welcome to the best community D2 has to offer!

thejewk likes this.
  4. thejewk

Thanks for the welcome! It seems the place most fit for me, considering the fact that there is zero guarantee on bnet that you're not dealing in duped trash and bot gear. I've always had a strict policy of self found or ethically traded in my games, and there is no way to do that in public realms in 95% of games.

5. Jocular

Jocular Diabloii.Net Member

I always feel lucky how this place keeps trucking on. I'm not the most active member, but it's nice to have somewhere to go to talk/brag/theorycraft about d2 when I inevitably come back to it.

Welcome!

T72on1 and thejewk like this.
  6. Swamigoon

Swamigoon Diabloii.Net Member

Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

thejewk likes this.
  7. Kartongen

Kartongen Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums. You should definately try (m)an(y) amazon(s)! They are tons of fun imo.

thejewk likes this.
  8. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Nice introduction thread. Welcome to the forums. They are awesome to keep you tied to D2. If you don't mind getting dragged in too deep, that is ...

Btw, since the regulars seem to be getting sloppy ...

*kicks shins and steels wallet*

Ok, with that out of the way: may I suggest to have a look at the untwinked 99er challenge. Very fun and engaging. You could either start a new character or, if he still has his untwinked status, join with your Necro.

9. thejewk

Thanks, and please note I already have -2 to shin kicking rolled on my pants.

I think the 99 challenge is far beyond my comfort zone. Does untwinked status apply only to characters that haven't received any gear muled or otherwise from any other character?

10. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, untwinked means they found all the gear themselves. No muling from other characters or stashes.

Getting out of your comfort zone generally is a good thing :). We are here to support you while doing so ;). I accidentally ended up with a 99er that way ...

11. thejewk

If, and I mean if (lol), I join in with that madness, I don't think it'll be my Necro. He has found almost nothing useful for himself, in comparison to the massive amounts of useful gear for almost every other class. I was planning on using my new Sorceress to farm boss drops to further kit out both herself and the Necro and help get him up to speed as a Pit and Tunnels runner.

Plus if I was going all the way to 99 I don't think I could deal with the shear amount of stupid involved in relying on a Merc to be useful when there are 10 skelies in the way haha.