Introductory Post

Wollo

Diabloii.Net Member
Introductory Post

Hello community :wave: !

I'm David, from Italy, and I'm a diabloaholic :wink3:.

I started back in high school, with the first Diablo (and I'm keeping the files at hand, should there ever be a chance for a multiplayer session), went on with DII (in an on-and-off pattern, keeping up with a very hectic RL schedule).
I can remember the times when FO wasn't timered, and cold mastery worked on a % basis, but I wasn't there when things got changed.
Now that RL has calmed down, I've come back - again.

After a couple of weekends of playing, I've gotten 2 chars to hell - a blizz/nova sorc (what? I've had my fill of fireballs!), that's now running hell meph and hell countess (and has teleported all the way to the ancients, but can't really take them on), and a LF/FA amazon, who's to re-define herself from a melee charged striker to a ranged-only gal in the first act - or die trying. Mostly, she dies.

Well, that's the diablo-me - and he'd better ready up for the welcome commitee rituals :laugh:

Arneb

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Introductory Post

Never enough italians in the forum! With you, we should be...two, maybe?:rolleyes:

Well, welcome to the SPF (and welcome back to the addiction known as D2)!

Wollo

Diabloii.Net Member

And here I was fearing for my shins... and for the tar and feathers, and the flying monkeys too...
It's a surprise to see a compatriot around! As a nation, we're not that active on international forums - we're very "closed" in that respect...

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member

Don't worry your shins will be kicked :grin: I'm not going to do it though, I'm going to give you some shinpads.

Welcome to the Forums! Have a read of the stickies, visit the bar, check out the Tournaments, and most of all, have fun!

HellHoundBarb

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey Wollo!

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay! I would say: come and trade in the SPTF, but you're already doing that :tongue:.

And I'm nice too, I won't kick your shins :wink3:

HHB

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums, Wollo. I, too, have Diablo I installed on this computer still (again, actually).

Arneb said:
Never enough italians in the forum! With you, we should be...two, maybe?:rolleyes:
Our resident shin-kicker extraordinaire, nebux, is also from Italy. I'm sure he'll be by soon to abuse poor Wollo's shins, and make short work of Skinhead's offered shinpads.

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums! The most gorgeous girl I have ever met was Italian.

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member

Whilst we're waiting on the shin-kicker-in-chief, I will do the honours...

*steals pants*

... and welcome of course!

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member

Hello and Welcome!

*Kicks Wollo's Shins*

... What? I never get to do it!

-hps

Edit: just for the record, I still have a .txt file which lists the effects of all the Shrines in Diablo 1, just incase I get the urge to play again.

Wollo

Diabloii.Net Member

*steals pants*
Wait, wha... oh, that was better than the tar anyway...

Now I need to find a nice red bathrobe, a bit of tar for the complexion, and I'll be a copy of a diablo sorceror :starry:

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member

Hp_Sauce said:
just for the record, I still have a .txt file which lists the effects of all the Shrines in Diablo 1, just incase I get the urge to play again.
Haha, I have you out-geeked on that score. I've got a copy of Jarulf's Guide to Diablo and Hellfire on my HD, as well as the shrine effects from the same document on a printout that I've covered on both sides with clear sticky-back plastic (ie, poor man's lamination).
Wollo said:
Now I need to find a nice red bathrobe, a bit of tar for the complexion, and I'll be a copy of a diablo sorceror :starry:
Don't forget the little spikes shoved through your feet.

Hah! Bet you forgot about that, didn't you? Now let's see if you still want to be a sorceror! :p

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

Iplayed Diablo extensively once, but most of my knowledge from that game has faded. Well, not entiely. It was far easier getting unique items then, and the sorceror was one of the most powerful characters when well developed. And Diablo sucked way more then he does now :p

And I absolutely hated that butcher quest... That bastard usually flattened my puny new characters.

But where are my manners? *LeapAttack Wollo*.
Italy huh? 2BHonest, I don't hold your country in high esteem at the moment. That whole garbage issue in Napoli is quite appaling, and the lack of action against it even more so. But I won't hold that against you, so welcome and have fun :p

Wollo

Diabloii.Net Member

The sad thing is... the garbage in Napoli is small beans - it's one of the many "little things" that decades of corrupt/self-serving/nepotistic governants have kindly given us.
As we *can't* even choose our governants anymore here, but at most give suggestions, I'm glad that you're not holding thier actions against me :laugh:
But I'm ranting... let's go back to D1.
Diablo wasn't even a problem - I mean, he could cast Armageddon for piddly damage? I feared the immune-to-everything-but-stone-curse knights and witches more than him.
Kind of like Baal isn't that bad in D2, when compared to a throne of destruction room full of black souls.