Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Introduction

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by isan, May 23, 2008.

1. isan

isan IncGamers Member

Introduction

Dear SPFers,

My name is Salim and my forum name is isan (I guess only 2 person in this world know what it means). I am a 24 year old Indonesian male, currently working in Taiwan as Project Engineer.

I played D2 LOD several years ago (do not remember exactly). At that time I was not common with internet and I played the game just like a newbie, spreading skill and stat points as much as we like, and I am sure you know how that ends. IIRC I could not finished the Hell mode, maybe even Nightmare mode, I can not remember at all. After that experience, I thought that maybe the Hell Mode is only for experts, and I just left the game and played other simpler games.

Last year, I just got bored with my games and took a break from playing any computer games for several months. After the break, I just got the feeling to play D2 LOD once again, and this time I want to finish the game. I search for informations and found this forum. Since that time, I regularly visit the forum but only recently got the feeling to introduce myself.

I originally play Vanilla, but finally I cannot resist the temptation of "Spirit" and co. and switched to RWM, I have not installed the RRM though, but I guess it will not matter much since I plan to play self-found.
    My perfect grail is only around 60 % now, much lower that the experts of this forum :thumbsup:. My highest rune that I ever found is SUR from WSK, but I can not see the use of that accept as 1/2 BER :sad2:, I doubt that I will use that rune in the near future. I have played 13 kinds of builds, but only few of them has become Pat/Mat, most of them are parked at River of Flame WP due to laziness and not enough elite gear. Recently I have started to do Meph runs to get better gear, and last night I am just lucky to find IST from the Council Members, my second rare rune that I found without HF quest. :jig: I am still waiting for HoZ, AoKL, etc from Meph though, so I am going to visit him frequently for now.

Well, I think that is enough of my introduction and I am waiting for the kickers to do their job :grin:

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: Introduction

Welcome to the SPF! Read the stickies, check out the EMB, and watch out for greenies! I'll spare you the kicking. You've been lurking for a while with that formerly unconfirmed email address of yours. ;).

Alright. Spill it. What does isan mean? It's something Asian. That's all I can tell. =X.

3. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

It stands for International Standard Audiovisial Number :smiley:

Why would you want to be called that? :tongue:

4. Jaelen

Jaelen IncGamers Member

Hope you didn't have to wait long.

:kicks isan's shins

Welcome and enjoy your stay :smiley:

5. isan

isan IncGamers Member

@NagisaFurukawa & Jcakes:

It's actually an abbrevation of Indonesian words that me & my ex-girlfriend created. That is why it will be useless even if I told you what it stands for.

I assume EMB is the Etdlahq Memorial Bar thread, right? I have ever read some pages (not all, cause too many of them) but I can not understand what that thread is used for. Can somebody explain it to me?

@ Jaelen:

Thanks, I will certainly enjoy my stay.

6. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to try out the various activities we have here. Tournaments, Pat/Mat threads, item find-thread, off-topic chitchat and trading are all worth picking up. :smiley:

7. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

Bienvenue aux les forums!

The Bar is mainly used for mostly random off-topic chatting, and occasionally complaining. Have fun!

8. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

Welcome! Don't worry, you are much richer than I. =) I've never a rune higher than Lem.

9. Explopyro

Explopyro Banned

If you join the trading forum, perhaps in 3 months' time I can persuade you to part with your Sur; I've had one laying around for some time as well and we could combine them to make something nice :thumbsup:

Just kidding, of course. I wouldn't want to deprive you of such a nice find. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

10. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Hello and Welcome!

-hps

11. isan

isan IncGamers Member

@ Low Key:

Thanks for the welcome. I am just lazy to make a Pat/Mat Thread now, maybe some time later when I have the mood (I am such a moody guy :grin:). Maybe I will fill the Item Found Thread when I find something really precious in the future. I have ever read the SPTF threads, but I am still self-found now. I admire the strict rules in the SPTF and the good jobs that have been done by the Mods though :thumbsup:.

@Skinhead of the MBA:
    Is that a French version of "Welcome to the Forum"? Thanks anyway, now I understand why the EMB thread has thousands of pages.

@ wakiki:
    Do not worry, the time will come for you to find HR. :smiley: I found the SUR rune at 2 AM while MFing WSK with my Fishymancer after work. You will never know when they pop, just keep playing the game in the right places, i.e. later acts of Hell Mode.

@ Explopyro:
    That is an interesting option, but I will stick to the self-found for now. The SUR has been in my "Precious" ATMA stash for months now, along with one of each runes from El-Gul, just for collection. We can not know future though, so let's just see later.

12. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

Probably, I don't really know what forum is in French :grin: It was supposed to be "Welcome to the Forums".