Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Introduction

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by WailingDoom, Oct 10, 2006.

1. WailingDoom

WailingDoom IncGamers Member

Introduction

I thought I would introduce myself to these forums.

I used to play D2:Lod SC on bnet about 6 years ago, then finally got the balls to move over to HC and have never regreted it. I then moved onto WoW but am taking a break, mainly due to long queues and my ISP being stupid and not being able to fix a problem for nearly a month.

So i started a HC SP Fishymancer, I prefer to call them skelemancers, but I am progressing very nicely. Currently lvl 70, act1 hell. I was hoping to play the whole game through with /players 8 but being untwinked has severly dampened my progress. (my skeles + merc got whipped by the OBK in CS :p)

Im hoping to run this toon right through to Guardian on /players 8 (is it even possible?) after a few, no, many pit runs, and my dream would be to have a necro in full trang ouls :).

Current Gear:
    3x P Topaz Crown
    28 MF Amu
    Mageplate
    Goldwrap
    Chance Gloves
    Rare 17 MF boots
    28% Nagel
    Rare 17% MF ring
    Umes Lament Wand :)
    "Ryhme" Runeword shield.

Merc: Might
    Spire of Honour
    Unique gothic plate (crushing blow ftw!)
    Stealskull? Unique Casque

I am using 1.11b unmodded, and use ATMA to store items, only because BigD dropped Occy, and NM HF gave me a pul.

A few NDE, stun locked by the Maulers in DoH2, exploding stig doll things in the same place, I need to be more careful with CE! :)

Well thats about it, so ermm Hi :)

PS. Have they changed the spawns in act 5 NM, had a wierd surprise seeing quill rats and dark archers there, am I expecting more randomness later on in the game??

2. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

hi welcome to the forum, enjoy yor stay read stikkies, blah blah blah. stop by the bar sometime for a drink and light chit chat

*kicks WailingDoom shins*

/runNway

3. Lompo

Lompo IncGamers Member

Hi, wellcome to the forum!

Regarding your "P.S." question the answer is yes, now you will find guests from other act. in the 5th (watch for OK in WK!!)

4. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum.:wave: Sorry I didn't make it here in time to help save your shins. Hope they don't hurt to bad. Don't forget to read the stickies and watch out for the squid. W_m should be along soon with the patented goodie basket. Tell us a little bit more about yourself and you will get extra cookies. I would recommend that you horde those cookies too.

Stop by the EMB some time and have a beer on me.

5. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Welcome and enjoy your stay here! :wave:

Yes, in 1.10. In 1.09 Act5 was kinda boring and too easy (remeber Blood Foothils runs? Free exp almost without effort). Prepare yourself for some nasty surprises :smiley:

6. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

Welcome. Welcome!

May spears never pierce your innards!

Beware the Giant Squid - they may even have put that as a spawn inside Act 5!!! :eek:

Don't worry - I still call it a Skelemancer or Zookeeper too! ;)

7. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

welcome! Here's that goodie basket of baked goodness and squid repelant, don't mind the shin kickers, they mean well. And stop by the EMB once you've read those FAQs. (you can get more cookies there or for telling us about yourself here. Things like: general geographic locaton, favorite cookie, what you do when not playing D2/WoW, which you prefer: ardvarks or anteaters, etc.

8. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Welcome! Glad to see another HC face around.

Since you were surprised to see the 'new' act 5 I assume you will be surprised to see the 'new' Hell difficulty as well. Its a bit tougher then it was and you might get tired of standing around waiting for stuff to die on /p8.

You will probably find more Unique monsters around as well so be carefull not to run too far ahead of your skellies as you could get tangled up in a Cursed, Fanatic pack of Spear Cats who's aura is spilling over into a Might enchanted pack of Spear Cats and have very little health left before you even know whats going on. Ask Milb for more details about this situation!

Good luck and welcome back!

-hps

9. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Don't worry, that situation is only dangerous if you are too much of a n00b to level up at the right time to avoid death :grin:

Hell at more than players3 with a skelliemancer will be slow unless you have amazing gear. You'll probably hit a wall in Hell at players8 and you'll either get stuck and bored, or get deeds because you are so bored! I would do it at players1, your CE will destroy almost everything in Hell.

Good luck and welcome to the forum :smiley:
    Milb

10. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Hello and welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay.

11. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Howdy! I've never been able to play HC myself, my characters tend to die at least once due to inattention/bad timing.

WailingDoom, eh? You wouldn't happen to be a Warhammer 40k Eldar player, would you?

~MM

12. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Welcome! And nice NM HF find! A Pul!!! Wow..

13. WailingDoom

MadMardigan, you are correct, I used to play Eldar about 10 years ago and have only just recently started up again :). I also had his as my account name on Bnet.

As for my progress, Im currently cruising through act 2, had to drop to /players 1 as the mobs where too friggin hard, also had to swap my mercs armour to a shaftstop, kept making the mobs flee so they would never die. Andy dropped an etheral Peasant crown with 7 durability.. /cry. Im leaving the maggot lair to last as its probably going to take me forever.

Radamant took about 10 mins to kill, he he Physical Immune, Stone Skin and had frozen aura. Luckily decripify took his immunity away and I came away with about 4 skeles left.

I have quite a bit of MF on, and am getting mostly unique bows dropping :-( but never anything useful to myself, cept MF and merc gear.

I am getting a little concerned that my lack of decent gear (gambled for a +3 summon amu, which has helped) is going to stop me progressing. Do you think it would be better/safer to MF NM Meph, or Hell Pits?

14. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Ah, nifty. I'm sure you're happy about the new Eldar codex coming out soon then. Some nice new models too. There are a few of us here on the forum that have admitted to tabletop gaming. I've been working on my Space Marine army lately, I'm putting together an entire company (100+ marines) of a chapter of my own devising. I've also got small Tyranid, Grey Knight, Radical Daemonhunter Inquisitor, and Dark Eldar armies started, as well as Nurgle Mortal Chaos for Fantasy Battles. And then there's Warmachine. <wallet dies>[/OT]

I've heard Skellimancers are better at MFing areas, so maybe you'd be better off in the pits. I know mine recently made it to hell, but I stopped before starting act 1. But I know I was doing /p8 at the end of NM in full MF gear (but then again I play SC... but I didn't die at all). Still, "decent gear" will only make things easier, it's possible to take a skellimancer through the game naked.

Food for thought.
    ~MM

15. WailingDoom

*equipping shin pads*
    *loading anti-squid gun*

Thought I would just make a small post to say that im back playing D2 again (WoW got really boring with the exp pack).

Manage to salvage my old chars and atma stash so im not starting from fresh again, lucky too, didnt realise my Skelemancer was lvl 81 :O

Been hovering over the forums while bored at work, and I might set myself a few quests.

1st ever lvl 99
    Trade grail including runewords and runes.

Should keep me busy,

Bye for now.