Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Introduction thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Luhkoh, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Luhkoh

Luhkoh Diabloii.Net Member

Hi all,

I've been lurking a few months now and finally decided to join! I started playing D2 for the first time in May of last year because a friend convinced me to try it out. Been obsessed since. This site has been my most frequently visited and referenced resource. Gripphon's LK vs Trav vs Cows, and Nightfish's sept x sept posts have been instrumental. Anyways in these last 8 months or so, I patmat'd 4 characters and had like 75-70% of the grail items, but I had been playing on that common mod that's not to be named. Though I did disable infinite respecs. But I decided that if this forum is the coolest place to be, then I want to switch it up and join. So I decided on a full restart with RWM, GoMule, and Glide. Gonna start up a meteorber (i love hybrid builds) and get crackin. Might as well have her join the untwinked 99ers as well :) After that I plan to patmat the 3 classes I haven't played yet (assassin, barb, and druid). I don't plan on trading at all since I thoroughly enjoy self-found. Happy to be here, and hopefully you'll hear a lot more from me soon!

2. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Welcome Luhkoh!

A lot of people here are self-found, it's a common way to play in SP. Glad to see that you have ditched that mod in order to be a part of this community - it's a great community and it is testament to the game (and community) that we still get new people joining. Please do join the untwinked 99ers tournament, it's a lot of fun :D

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. There is the technical issue sticky, the anything goes D2 thread and others, but don't be afraid to just chuck up a new thread. Or if you prefer, I sometimes get questions through PM and I assume that others do too, so that works too. Although, you will generally get more input by posting of course. There are some very knowledgeable and passionate players in the SPF :)

A few ideas for your remaining classes, if you're still open to suggestions.
    Assassin - phoenix strike.
    Barbarian - singer.
    Druid - hunter.

*takes a good run up and delivers an almighty kick to the shins*

Get his/her wallet before he/she gets back up!

Luhkoh likes this.
  3. Luhkoh

Awesome sounds great. Thanks Kitteh. I'm always taking build ideas as I really enjoy messing around without different ones. On those 3 I think I'll go more cookie cutter since I haven't had that "classic" experience with them yet, but I hope to get around to some less standard ones down the line. In particular PS seems fun (I watched your single pass PS sin videos, you should make more!)

Kitteh likes this.
  4. Kitteh

Haha, she is still there. I haven't done more primarily because I get so little D2 time now and with other goals, I just can't fit it in :(

Which builds are you planning for the three classes?

Luhkoh likes this.
  5. Luhkoh

Understandable :) I want the assassin to be dual claw light trapper with maxed fireblast, Druid standard windy with 1 in oak sage and 1 in bear (he'll also be max block), and barb will be frenzy. I'm thinking about doing these 3 characters untwinked till after hell baal and I'm not sure whether that will effect my decision on frenzy or dual claw.

Kitteh likes this.
  6. Kitteh

Fair enough, all fun builds :D

Luhkoh likes this.
  7. galtwish

galtwish Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome aboard!

Luhkoh likes this.
  8. sir_cyclops

sir_cyclops Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome! Thanks for getting me back into d2 by playing it and then loving it so much.

Luhkoh likes this.
  9. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome. Very nice intro thread !!!

Good decision to ditch the mod and start over to fully commit to the SPF. I did the same some 3 years ago. Best gaming decision ever, next to joining the Amazon Basin.

Luhkoh likes this.
  10. Kitteh

I don't want to rush you ladies and gents, but that wallet won't hang around forever. At least take his pants.

11. Luhkoh

Thanks everyone! Any current ongoing posts/tournaments/challenges I may not know about from looking at the corrent tournaments listing? I'll join the untwinked 99ers this weekend and will start updating in the holy grail thread after I get the first half or so out of the way.

12. PhineasB

PhineasB Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome! Trappers are a blast so good luck with that character

Luhkoh likes this.
  13. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome!

Luhkoh likes this.
  14. Izzak

Izzak Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome :)

Luhkoh likes this.