Introduction thread

Soyweiser

Diabloii.Net Member
Introduction thread

(As advised by pharaoh).

Hi SP-forum,

I'm Soyweiser. I'm new here. Long time Diablo 2 player. Played it a lot when I still lived with my parents. Never really realized that there where patches and that these improved the game until a few years ago. Bought the game (previous cd's where owned by my mom (not kidding, she has spend an enormous time on diablo 2. She collected a lot of the sets without the benefit of atma or other tools (only 2 pc's, and the sneakernet protocol)).

I saw the Single player forum as a good way to hang out. Never liked battlenet (There I said it, I'm like you guys really :) ) don't like to loose characters due to inactivity. (I now have a very nice atma stash with a whole lot of junk, most mid level stuff).

I still have a lot to learn, as my characters seem to have a lot of trouble in hell. (And when I say characters, I mean my chain lightning/frozen orb sorceress. Who mainly runs andarial atm (anyone need a Nagelring? (I'm slowly working my way to the 30% MF, have a lot with 26% now)). And I'm looking for a nice polearm for insight. Found a nice 4 slotted pike yesterday. With predictable results. Anybody want a RalTirTalSol pike?

So atm I'm using a CL/FO sorc, a fishyfinder, a frenzyaxe-barbarian that I'm going to dump probably and going to make a new one. And a frostzealot (with 100% crushing blow).

Anything else anybody wants to know? I'm using RRM, RWM and 1.12a btw.

And something I always wondered, why is there a RRM, but not a red gem mod? True they make a nice sound when they drop, but this too can be missed. So why not? Program restrictions? Debate over taint?

Before I forget, *Preemptive strike* Soyweiser kicks you all in the shins.

Zefimas

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Introduction thread

Haha, you were prepared:thumbup:
Welcome, first drink on me:wave:
*steals Soyweiser's wallet*

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi, and welcome to the SPF! :wave: Drop by the EMB some time and have a drink, relax and vent. :)

Found a nice 4 slotted pike yesterday. With predictable results. Anybody want a RalTirTalSol pike?
I cringed when I read pike. I've done that as well, so don't feel bad about it.

There's a CRM (colour rune mod,) but I'm not sure if that colours gems as well. It should be in the stickies somewhere, so take a look through them some time.

Pfft, my shins are already kicked, so they don't need another one - I'm still a poster, so the kicks did their job.

Soyweiser

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi, and welcome to the SPF! :wave: Drop by the EMB some time and have a drink, relax and vent. :)

I cringed when I read pike. I've done that as well, so don't feel bad about it.

There's a CRM (colour rune mod,) but I'm not sure if that colours gems as well. It should be in the stickies somewhere, so take a look through them some time.

Pfft, my shins are already kicked, so they don't need another one - I'm still a poster, so the kicks did their job.
EMB? That one seems to be missing here: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=538888

The pike, and I was so happy that I finally found a suitable slotted item. :D I even checked if I put in the runes in the correct order (had them in my stash for a long time) forgot that detail. Well, at least the runes aren't that rare.

I saw the CRM. But red was fine with me. Only wanted to apply the same thing to other item types.

And why peoples shins get kicked kinda escaped me. I only remembered that they where. Why actually?

*Lost his wallet somewhere*

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

Hehe, EMB is the Etdlahq Memorial Bar. The bar has any drink you'd like, and is mainly to chat, and have fun outside of D2. It's usually on the first page, but if not, someone'll usually bring it back to the first page.

Shin kicking hurts. So shin-kicking newcomers is to hurt their legs so they can't walk away, and spend more time on the forums. :D

I'm not sure why the wallet stealing has begun, but there were a few pant stealers a while ago. Guess it's so you can't go out, and spend more time here.

Zefimas

Diabloii.Net Member

Steal their wallet so they don't have money to buy another game!:whistling:

silospen

Diabloii.Net Member

I can make custom colour mods for people. Just give me a shout and I'll do my best to hook you up with what you want :)

Normal "it's ok to mod, but it's not ok to trade/mp" rules apply and I will inform the moderators if I make a mod for you. Just in case ;)

[email protected]

I've still not released the CIM that allows people to do this, still waiting for the right time. But with all this 1.12 hassle that's just been unleashed, I think I'd be upsetting the moderators if I threw it out anytime soon :D

Never mind the autocuber.....

Soyweiser

Diabloii.Net Member

I've still not released the CIM that allows people to do this, still waiting for the right time. But with all this 1.12 hassle that's just been unleashed, I think I'd be upsetting the moderators if I threw it out anytime soon :D

Never mind the autocuber.....
And say I would use one of your mods, what is the consensus it would do with my trade status?

Are there Genestealers around? /me runs.

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

And say I would use one of your mods, what is the consensus it would do with my trade status?
"it's ok to mod, but it's not ok to trade/mp" rules apply and I will inform the moderators if I make a mod for you. Just in case ;)
Welcome to the forums

*steals Soyweiser's trousers* <--as I'm english stealing someone's pants would be weird

Silospen has already answered your question

EDIT: Hi Mursilis:wave:

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
If you use one of the unaccepted mods then you will not be able to trade nor MP with anyone on these forums. That's what Silo meant when he said it will affect your status.

Welcome to the forums. :wave:

Edit: ouch, pwned...

Btw, the pants/trousers/wallet stealing started in the Newcomer forum where Evrae Altana has quite the collection. No idea why it started though...

Jaedhann

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome, have fun and behave.

The reason why i use RRM is that it would be a damn shame if i ever overlooked a high rune.(almost happened in 1.07) Overlooking a gem on the other hand is not that bad. Also coloring the gem would be just a little too much omho.

*kicks Soyweisers shins, REALY hard.

Saint Anger

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome! Cold/lightning sorcs are always a blast to play, I had great fun with mine (even though mine was 1.09 classic, which means no blue pots can be bought from vendors, which subsequently ment waiting for blues to drop).

In the words of a certain wise man (I've forgotten his name): "may all your drops be green and golden".

*Kicks shin*

Soyweiser

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums
Silospen has already answered your question
Damn... I didn't see that... Ah well, by the words of Pres Swarzenegger. "I was elected to lead, not to read." Guess I'm not going to bother with additional mods then.

Sure, missing one gem isn't that bad, unless you are an obsessive collector like me.

Thanks for the welcome, everybody.

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member

Wellcome aboard. Hope you`ll enjoj your stay here.

*gives anelgetic pills for shin pain and a barrel to wear instead of trousers*

:grin:

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you'll fit in fine, and as long as you don't install funky mods like a gem color mod, you should be fine for trade/MP. I myself MP semi-irregularly, but I don't trade.

As for your mom playing, I believe it. I introduced my parents to the first Diablo back in the day, as well as D2 later on. I think my dad still plays on occasion, but mostly he plays some ball-shooting game called 'Zuma'. Every time I visit them, I can hear the distinctive 'pop' sounds of it emanating from their computer room. ;)

Soyweiser

Diabloii.Net Member

Another stupid question, is it allowed to change the colours of unique's and rares? Or would that also fubar your trade status?

I mostly play windowed, and it is really hard to see the difference between gold and yellow on my screen.

(Just say stop if my discussions about this go the wrong way, just want to know).

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

Anything like that will effectively remove you from the MP/trade pool, unless you find someone with the same mods as you(unlikely imo). Most people (OS permitting) that MP/trade are RRM/RWM

Just play full screen, it's more fun, or be vigilant; if you can't tell between rare and unique you haven't played enough

*rekicks the shins*

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member

Mursilis said:
Btw, the pants/trousers/wallet stealing started in the Newcomer forum where Evrae Altana has quite the collection. No idea why it started though...
I ran out of high runes, and my debtors were bangin' on the door demanding payment.

Edit-greetings SPF.

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome!

I tend to leap attack in greeting though, since
a) all the newcomers here seem to be watching their shins for some reason, making the chance to hit extremely high,
b) I'm a barbarian at heart and
c) You try to get up and leave with a smelly barbarian sitting on your face.

@Evrae - And your debtors accepted pants? Hmm, sounds like a right kinky place to live...