Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Introduction and imbue question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TreeOfSmoke, May 15, 2015.

1. TreeOfSmoke

TreeOfSmoke IncGamers Member

It seems the introduction tread is MIA so I'll use this question to say hi.
    I've been playing diablo 2 for about two years now, mostly tesladin, zealadin, frenzy barbs and blizzard sorcs, all pretty standard.
    This forum has been a great help, without the LK thread making the important runewords would have been way harder, thanks! The same goes for finding which builds are effective.

Right now I'm levelling my blizzard sorc to 95 in the AT and a frenzybarb in the pits(just got to 93 from pindle).

Now the imbue question.
    Up to now I have imbued circlets/diadems, but this feels quite boring, it doesn't take all that long to gamble some random circlets.
    Etherial crystal swords feel like an interesting option. Also I saw somwhere( at the end of this thread http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/threads/ravenlore-eh.638532/ ) that imbues have better staffmods, so class specific items might be an option as well.

Any thoughts on this?

2. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Diadems are good because you can simply rush lvl1 characters for the imbue quest. Their qlvl is high enough that the character level doesn't matter. You can pretty much experiment with whatever you want with high level characters, both eth Crystal Swords/Dimentional Blades are good options. Also druid pelts, sorceress orbs (very low chance to beat common uniques/runewords, 0.000000001% chance to be godly), barb helms, other ethereal weaopns (if you can afford to Zod them) etc.

Oh, hi btw!

3. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome!

Assassin claws, that's how I use my imbues. I try to get a nice trapper claw, so I use Greater Talons. No luck so far, at least nothing crazy good.

4. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Welcome aboard!

I never use my imbues unless I'm in a tourney. But if I did, I would go with Druid hats.

5. Codoh

Codoh IncGamers Member

Welcome! Its realy late for me to actually think about anything - doing Trav runs and listening to radio, zombie mode engaged - so the others will answer your question. Just welcoming you. :p

6. TreeOfSmoke

Thanks for the replies!
    Diadems are indeed the way to go for low level imbues.
    I'll leave the high level ones for now and pick something when I have a bunch of them.

Is there a good explanation of staffmod generation for imbues? I can only find some vague remarks.

7. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

Ethereal Phase Blades. Get one. Now.

ravenfang.png

8. BBS_Agonistes

BBS_Agonistes IncGamers Member

How does one get an ethereal phase blade? I'm assuming the only way to do this is to upgrade a rare, ethereal dimensional blade or double up a crystal sword?
    Seems like a cool concept; I'll have to try that on some of the imbue quests I have lying around.

EDIT: @japanzaman - is that sword yours? Or just a demonstrative example?

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  9. TreeOfSmoke

10. BBS_Agonistes

Something like that Phase Blade japanzaman looks like a great choice for a one-handed Avenger, since Grief doesn't work with Vengeance. PB is fast, has relatively tight damage, so not so much wasted low rolls on those slower swings. There are other RWs that would work as well or better I'm sure, but that has some serious style points. :)

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  11. japanzaman

It's mine- I'm sure you can find much better ones out there with just a quick search- like 400% ED and better modifiers. It was double upped, as I had been wanting to make one for a while and settled on this one. Probably only worth an Amn rune or Eth in the socket, but a godly one might be worth a Jah.

Also, remember not all of us play the RWM, so this sword is actually pretty useful in a lot of ways.

12. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

IIRC one of the HC MP guys has a pretty nice poker like that.

13. BBS_Agonistes

Yes, your posting that sword actually inspired me to start working on a Zealot using no uniques/sets/RWs. I do play RWM, but sometimes it is fun going the road less traveled, and it also improves my abilities at planning characters when I don't have the go-to equipment to rely on.

japanzaman and Atratees like this.
  14. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

I'm a bit late to the party, but welcome!:)

I don't have much experience Imbuing, and I've never gotten anything useful, so I'll stay out of that debate.

15. japanzaman

I think I got that crystal sword base from LK or maybe the pits. You could also look for dimensional blades, as I'm pretty sure weapons don't have the eth bug when cubing.