Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Introducing the PvM Sorcymancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Calizzar, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

Introducing the PvM Sorcymancer

Don't know if the name sorcymancer has been used before, but here's my idea of a necromancer with sorceress skills.

Full Trang's set, 2 sojs, maras, waterwalks, and a 30/30 fire phase blade.

So i will use fire wall and fireball. I know this isn't new, but i wanted to put my own spin on it:

Act 2 merc using the runeword polearm Rift. This grants a 16% chance to cast a level 21 frozen orb on attack. This means once in every 6 or 7 attacks he will be shooting out a frozen orb. With a 160/60 armor and vamp with 40/15, he will attack at 6 fpa. This means that a frozen orb will be coming out every 1-2 seconds.

Now, i will use a iron golem made from infinity gpa. This gives me conviction aura. So my firewall/fireball and my merc's frozen orb will be benefiting from major -res.

For actual necromancer skills, i want 1 in all summoning skills, with 20 in golem mastery to give my golem better life. Probably a point in all curses, then pnova and its synergies, and a point in each bone.

So basically, my strategy will be lower resist, then firewall, then pnova, fball, fwall, fball, pnova, fwall, fball, etc. Bone wall and prison will be used if my golem or merc gets swarmed by too many monsters. a few mages and revives here and there will be used for support.

So, some questions:

1. What do you think of the build?

2. Will i be able to kill without pnova? with pnova?

2. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

i really dont think it will be viable in hell...but i could be wrong...like if i rememeber correctly i heard the fire immunes are the highest out of all the immunes found in hell...and the orb wont do much bc its not synergiesed...but...meh give it a try...

3. Calizzar

frozen orb only has 1 synergy that gives like 2% per level.

4. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

Your breakpoints for the merc are off. Don't use the usual german calc for A2
    mercs, use RTB's lists. I'll find a link for you in a moment. [edit] Clicky. [/edit]

I think the interesting bp's are 65 and 105 for a gpa, so treachery and andy's
    should be a nice alternative. With no on-weapon ED, the off-weapon ED you
    have in mind now won't do too much, so fade and the other mods will most
    likely be better, even though venom won't really do anything with pnova around.
    [edit] Close enough, 63 will get you a 10 frame jab, 105 gets you 9. If you go
    for a tresher or gt, 75 (ie. what you suggested) will get you to 9 frames.
    I'd still say treachery + andy's though, fhr and fade is nice. [/edit]

With full trangs you'll be transform into a vampire, so you might want to squeeze
    in some more fcr there, maybe a HotO or something...

Whether it's viable or not will of course depend on your definition of viable, but
    it will at least be different.

5. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

fcr in vampire form is always zero i think

6. Calizzar

now remember, i do have pnova as well as the sorc skills.

Ya, i was using http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english for weapon speed.

I still love the idea of a merc dealing out a frozen orb every couple of seconds. Level 21 frozen orb with lvl 12 conviction and high level lower resist should be sort of effective.

7. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

Think less, read more. :tongue:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?p=3663493&highlight=vampire#post3663493

@ Cali: a 10 frame jab actually translates to 5 fpa, so that's even better than
    the 6 fpa you where talking about. A source of teleport (amu, staff on switch)
    might be nice though, to keep him in jabbing range.

8. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

Damn ...

infinity for iron golem.... is this not too risky? Or are you too rich?

9. Phesto

Phesto IncGamers Member

Ya, I don't understand why people mention IG made from a runeworded item all the time since you inevitably lose said item (unless there's something I'm not getting; I play singplayer, so I don't have tons of duped items and I can't get rushed to level 80 in a day).

10. Calizzar

well, i'd probably need a couple. when i take a char through hell, i try to do it in a couple sittings. So i'll be in same game a lot. and with decrip on bosses, and making sure he doesnt face too many bosses at once.

11. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

Get a life. And dont dupe.

12. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Stupid comment. Also, he never mentioned to dupe. The fact that most "good" jewels, but also most higher runes are dupes is true, but does that mean everybody dupes? Get-a-life-comments are of no use, being jealous/angry/whatever is something that should not be written as a stupid comment based on nothing.

Cheers.

And back on topic, basically any necrobuild would work if you added skellies to it, so thats a safe way. Apart from that, the FO would not be anything relying on to kill, but the freeze effect is nice.
    I'm not sure wether the LR would help good enough to make the fireballs nasty, but the build would probably work. Especially if you dare to make an infinity IG. (I would never)
    This is a great way to become unique though.

13. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

@lorven

Sorry but....using a FEW infinity's in order to pass hell? Two possibilities: first, he is so rich that he can affort a FEW infinity's. In that case: he spends too much time on diablo (it takes I think at least 40 whole hour time to get an infinity). And all this for your iron golem? ANd such a thing is not stupid? Second, he dupes.

Come on! I can't believe you agree with him! And in this story there is a too high probabilty of dupes don't you think?

Forget about it.... your life and your discussion.

14. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

15. LorveN

If you think about it, I am sure you also have more than 40 hours of total game time. For what I know, DiabloII has been in stores quite a few years by now. DiabloII LoD as well.

How you play the game is up to you. I will never tell you how to play...

And also, please note that there are many rich people in terms of d2, some richer than you can even imagine. How they spend their wealth is their thing.
    I would never waste expensive stuff in that way, but if they want, its their call.
    Let them play it their way, the good thing is that you can play it your way if you want too!

16. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

His golem is going to have like 6500 or so life BEFORE he BOs it, and it's immune to poison. I don't see why this thing will ever die if it's in a low damage polearm. As long as he doesn't run too fast that is. I wouldn't do it, but if it makes a fun build, it's certainly not outrageous.

My Trang necro used the fire spells to speed killing of PIs, so-- especially with conviction and LR-- they'll do reasonable damage. That also basically mimics cold mastery, so I think the orb will kill well as well.

17. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

I use a partial Trangs to blast away at Baal after hitting him with either decrep (lower physical resistance, damage output of Baal and slows him to boot) or LR. With PIs, you just hit amp damage and suddenly they're not PI anymore (well most of them at least). I wish I had access to conviction, but that's life. I'm a poor fishymancer.

As for losing the golem, heck, if he's got that kind of wealth then let him have fun as he sees fit.

Good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

18. LorveN

The only way golems die is when the player dies. Lots of souls or pesky vipers can take your character down instantly if unlucky.