Introducing Patriarch Tyrael

HolyPade

Diabloii.Net Member
Introducing Patriarch Tyrael

Let me introduce Patriarch Tyrael, Avenger. I know, what a sad name, I've always been really bad in inventing names. He's my third Patriarch and quickest (cheesiest) so far.

Normal and Nightmare were played on P8 and Hell on P3 & P1. Tyrael had only two problematic areas during his breeze in Hell; Rescuing Anya was difficult due to loads of Gloams hanging around and Throne Room had Gloams that I forgot to lure out and of course Achmel with his Goons resurrected them... :bonk:
I tried to solve the Gloam problem by putting one point in Salvation, which helped quite a bit but even with Salvation on (90% lightning res) I had to be extremely careful.

I used Holy Freeze merc with Reaper's Toll for crowd (sp?) control. Holy Freeze and Decrepify = sitting duck.

Best find would have to be GUL from the Hellforge in Hell. It's still my best rune find ever.

And then the stats:
Character name: Tyrael
Character type: Paladin
Character level: 83
Character exp: 902096192

Strength: 183/132
Energy: 15/15
Dexterity: 124/107
Vitality: 256/256

Life: 1022/972
Mana: 365/138

Damage (as seen in the character screen): 1729-3508
AR (as seen in the character screen): 2401
Defense: 9810 (with Holy Shield)

Resistances: 79/41/49/68 (94/94/90/68 w/ Salvation on for Gloams)

Skills:
1 in all prereqs
Holy Shield 24/20
Vengeance 24/20
Conviction 23/20
Resist Fire 12/9
Resist Cold 11/8
Defiance 8/5
Salvation 4/1 (for Gloams)

Tyrael's gear (socketed gear stats shown w/o additions):
+1 combat skills GC
Loads of Life and Mana charms
Guillaume's Face (35% Crushing blow)
The Eye of Etlich
Credendum
Gore Rider (15% Crushing blow)
Laying of Hands

Guardian Angel (Def 783, Socketed w/ jewel)

Shimmering Jewel of Daring
Required Level: 14
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x73227801
+5 to Dexterity
All Resistances +10

Corruption Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 46
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x3b4be1b4
+61 to Mana
+66 to Attack Rating
Cold Resist +29%
4% Mana stolen per hit
14% Chance to cast Level 5 Nova when struck

Entropy Finger
Ring
Required Level: 30
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0x6dc6f7b8
+9 to Strength
Fire Resist +29%
Lightning Resist +18%
Poison Resist +27%
3% Life stolen per hit
Level 4 Poison Dagger (30/30 Charges)

Rune Master (4 sockets w/ jewels)

Ruby Jewel of Joyfulness
Required Level: 58
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x82250847
+39% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Minimum Damage

Realgar Jewel
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xc5facb9a
+30% Enhanced Damage

Realgar Jewel of Virility
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x73c54086
+8 to Strength
+28% Enhanced Damage

Realgar Jewel
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0xa44651d1
+24% Enhanced Damage

Viper Guard (Socketed w/ P diamond)
Royal Shield
Defense: 280
Chance to Block: 65%
Smite Damage: 24 to 32
Durability: 60 of 60
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 114
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x3166df14
+54% Enhanced Defense
+10% Increased Chance of Blocking
Fire Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Poison Resist +43%
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
15% Faster Block Rate
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Mercenary (Waheed, A2 Holy Freeze, lvl 83):

Life: 1687
Damage (as seen in the "slave" screen): 395-1541
Defense: 2412
Resistances: 47 all

Waheed's Gear:
M'avina's True Sight
Que-Hegan's Wisdom (Ethereal 966 def)
The Reaper's Toll

If you've read this far you have to be interested in my next project. It's nothing special but I'm thinking of patting one of my Druid's. They seem to be almost as fun as Paladins. ;)

Got two pally's and one barb now, go go melee! :clap:

nepeta

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm kinda disappointed he didn't wear a Tyrael's Might... but grats anyways :p Try and get yourself a better weapon though, I'm using a runemaster (shael, Pskull, Psapphire, 2x ruby jewel) myself too, and it's durability is just horrible :x

HolyPade

Diabloii.Net Member
nepeta said:
I'm kinda disappointed he didn't wear a Tyrael's Might... but grats anyways :p Try and get yourself a better weapon though, I'm using a runemaster (shael, Pskull, Psapphire, 2x ruby jewel) myself too, and it's durability is just horrible :x
Hee hee, Tyrael's Might would be cool indeed. Got spare? :D

What would be better Avenger weapon, any suggestions? If I understood correctly, elemental damage from Vengeance is counted based on physical damage of the weapon. And I very much agree on the durability, hit-repair-hit-repair...

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
HolyPade said:
Hee hee, Tyrael's Might would be cool indeed. Got spare? :D
You can count legit tyreal's might using fingers on single hand here.

Anyway, congrats!

Making a tyreal isn't easy, you know he couldn't even beat the dark wanderer! What make it worse, he was fully twinked (full armor, with big sword), and the dark wanderer was fully "naked" (still in weak human body, no weapon, no armor).

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
congrats

that is one of the few max vengenze avengers i seen here.
most i seen go for the res auras instead to achive atleast 85% res all without any gear that increase max res.
That is easily 95% res all with GA HoZ and a few other res all gears.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats to a Pat. I have patted an Avenger few weeks ago too, he used Baranar's Star - I liked it. 172 Durability :) I also went for high resistances just for the feeling. 95/95/95/70 or something like that. Gloams and Burning Souls were not dangerous at all, but those poisonous Vipers at Nihlathak level were. (Even if I temporarily upped my Poison resistance to 85)

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
I've gone both ways with the Avenger - max vengeance and max synergies. I found them both to be highly enjoyable!

Congrats on the build! Oh yeah, and I wouldn't say that an Avenger is cheesy in the least. A Hammerdin = uber cheese. Avenger = style. :cool:

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
Congrats to a Pat. I have patted an Avenger few weeks ago too, he used Baranar's Star - I liked it. 172 Durability :) I also went for high resistances just for the feeling. 95/95/95/70 or something like that. Gloams and Burning Souls were not dangerous at all, but those poisonous Vipers at Nihlathak level were. (Even if I temporarily upped my Poison resistance to 85)
Because those vipers in halls of vaught are bugged :( They do their poison damage on every frame of their attack, easily resulting in thousands of damage in a few seconds.

HolyPade

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the grats everyone.

Avenger was fun and quite easy to play. The only thing I'd like to improve is the attack speed. He seemed to be quite slow, especially in comparison to my other Pats, FrenzyBarb and Fanatic Zealot... :lol:

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Baranar's Star is ideal, especially if you're after speed. My pally, who is an avenger in his spare time (primarily a zealot) has Nord's Tenderizer on his switch, and this works very very well, freezing most enemies solid as well as providing lots of speed. And don't overlook Crescent Moon. Oh, and Stormlash :D

And congrats :drink:

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats!

HolyPade said:
It's nothing special but I'm thinking of patting one of my Druid's. They seem to be almost as fun as Paladins. ;)
Haha, I love this sentence. :) It would take a completely different meaning had I said the exact same thing. :teeth: