Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

introducing Patriarch Incredible_Hulk

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Steven Q Urkel, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

introducing Patriarch Incredible_Hulk

base stats
    stats after war cries

I just noticed, pics were taken at different character levels. :rolleyes:

Combat Skills

Bash - 1 (11)
    Stun - 1 (11)
    Concentrate - 1 (11)
    Berzerk - 1 (11)
    Double Swing - 15 (25)
    Double Throw - 1 (11)
    Frenzy - 20 (30)

Combat Masteries

Axe Mastery - 20 (28)
    Increased Stamina - 1 (9)
    Increased Speed - 1 (9)
    Iron Skin - 1 (9)
    Natural Resistance - 2 (10)

War Cries

Howl - 1 (12)
    Taunt - 15 (26)
    Battle Cry - 1 (12)
    War Cry - 1 (12)
    Shout - 1 (12)
    Battle Orders - 12 (23)
    Battle Command - 1 (12)
    Find Potion - 1 (12)
    Find Item - 1 (12)

Equipment

Um'd Arreats Face
    Atma's Scarab
    Fortitude Sup. Archon Plate
    Vurdongo's Hearty Cord
    Bul Kathos Wedding Band / Raven Frost
    Draculs Grasp
    Aldurs Advance (I wanted the fire resist :rolleyes:)
    Grief Berzerker Axe / ethereal 1.07 Death Berzerker Axe
    weapon switch 2x Spirit swords

Inventory

2x War Cry skillers
    1x War Cry skiller w/ +24 life
    several res. small charms, primarily Cold and Lightning

Hired Gun

Haseen lvl ** Act II Defense Merc (Holy Freeze aura)
    Vampire Gaze
    The Reapers Toll
    Duress Archon Plate

The Journey

Normal and Nightmare almost all /players 8. Hell Act I, most of Act II, all of Act III were fought on /players 8. Act IV was /players 1 exclusively. Act V was /players 8 to start with, but had to tone it down to /players 1 towards the end. As with most of my characters I died several times >_< before becoming Patriarch. Initially I feared OKs/IM, but it wasn't that bad. I didn't die once in Act IV, and none of my deaths in Act V were from Oblivion Knights. Physical Immunes turned out to be a much bigger problem than I was anticipating. The majority of them spawned Immune to Physical and Mana Burn, and thats not cool. Couldn't Frenzy, Couldn't Zerk (no mana = no Zerk) and if I was lucky enough to have Decrep or Amp go off, it usually got over ridden by Life Tap. >_< Initially I was hoping to level him up to the 90's, but now I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts. My AR is so low that my chance to hit Baal is less than 60%. And my moron is a butthead, so its kinda hard to lure the waves away so I don't get Decreptified. He was a fun character no doubt, one of the strongest melee chars I've ever played, but I may not play him all that much now that he's made it to Patriarch, and after a few Baal runs, level 89. :grin:

Hell Forges

Thul/Lem/Mal :thumbsup:

Best Finds

a 65 Kiras in the River of Flame, a 15% all res jewel, and a tc3 (Arctic Furs iirc) in Act II Normal.

Special Thanx

Nebux, for donating the axe used for Death, and jjscud, for organizing/hosting the Rune Hunt mini-mfo where many of Hulky's runes were found.

2. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Congrats man!

I remember my first patriarch barb (frenzy, swords >_<) having something like a 40-odd percent chance to hit hell baal, and with no crushing blow gear (this was my first character, and no Battle Orders as well), hell baal took a while.

Congrats none the less. You need a Matriarch now so he doesn't get lonely

3. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Pat! Just out of curiosity, why and A2 Def merc instead of A2 Off merc? Grief does more damage then Oath and Death (which I'm using), but my average damage for both weapons seems to be higher than what you displayed (maybe cause I'm using A2 offense). I'm still debating on whether or not to go down the Berserk route or use Passion. For now, PI's are dealt with using Reapers Toll.

4. mtzang

mtzang IncGamers Member

I think the lower damage displayed in the screenshots belongs to grief, since grief damage is not shown on the LCS. So I believe his average damage is still higher than Oath and Death.

5. Naitti

Naitti IncGamers Member

Try to change Atma's Scarab and Bul Kathos Wedding Band to angelic amulet and ring. Your AR should climb up to heaven.

And yes, grief's added damage doesn't show in the character info -screen.

6. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

congrats.
    the AR isn't a problem in PvM and you have a highter level that most monsters. just post another pic with your actual damage and not with prebufing swords.
    about mana burn monsters use Double swing ( no mana cost at lvl 9) and with some elemental charms and OW. and when Amp dam pop up your're godly.

for the axe you need to thanks Lothic, as i ripped him for some 1.07 eth axes selling some 1.11 crap hahaha
    i want my axe back

7. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

As nebux mentioned, Double Swing for mana burn seems like it would make sense. Perhaps paired with a pair of Gimmershred's. I would think that would take care of most PI/MB in a heartbeat (however, I think I may remember reading that you still need 1 point in mana to swing DS, even with 0 mana cost - I could be wrong, as the drinks are flowing here...).

... It was very interesting to read your skill/equipment distribution..., I have a Frenzy barb with similar skills entering Hell, only he's going to use Mace Mastery and Stormlash/Schaeffer's (...and Gloom armour, 2xBaranar's on switch, and possibly my new 2os CoA instead of Arreat's)... otherwise our skills/equipment is almost identical. I'm also considering tackling hell on /p8 - all of the way (including Ancients). I might have more questions for you along the way.

Nevertheless, good work on the Pat. :thumbsup:

Edit: Oh, I just noticed your low Dex. I guess that mostly rules out Gimmershreds. Out of curiosity, did you consider them? And if so, why did you not go that route? (to me, it seems like ~25 Dexterity points would be a worthwhile investment for an axe/frenzy'er using your equipment).

8. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Congrats on the leet pat! No wonder you found it powerful with all those equipment. Only, I'd expect the Incredible_Hulk to wear a Leviathan! He'd look like these: :prop: :fortuneteller: :greedy:

:grin:

9. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Yeah, he should be greener.. Congratulations to the Patriarch! Awesome EQ! *jealous*.

10. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

Great achievement urkel :thumbsup:
    omg grief + forti 0.o

11. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

Gongratz,nice char!
    Anyway we should make another rune mfo, i want 2x Lo too.

12. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

Hmmm. I guess my logic was Holy Freeze = slowed monsters, slowed monsters = increased chance of survival. I had heard that Grief = pwn when it comes to pvm, and Death is nothing to laugh at either. So I guess more dmg from Might would be the equivalent to adding a couple of extra horsepower to a Buggatti Veyron. :rolleyes: I dunno, maybe Might is superior to Holy Freeze when it comes to Frenzy.

I did consider that if I intend to level much farther. If I ditch Atma's though, my poison resist will plummet. I could probably deal w/ that, but I also lose out on a chance to cast Amp Dmg. Not so sure if I want to give that up, but then again it really hasn't been going off all that often anyways. LoL.

I did toy with the idea of double swing when mana burned'd. However, double swing can barely make a dent in Immune to Physical monsters, and I couldnt get Decrep & Amp to go off often enough.

Very well, gg Lothic, thanx for the axe, and sorry you got ripped off!!!!!

No, I don't believe I did ever consider them. Prolly should have though. Back in 1.09 I used to have a Pally, w/ Shael'd Baranars & conviction for PI's. Even when using Vengence I struggled to kill them, so that kinda turned me off from elemental damage. Maybe it was just one character that I had built wrong, though. Not enough Vengence, not enough AR, not enough Conviction, etc.

LoL, I completely forgot about the Incredible Hulk being green. I was thinking more along the lines of Hulk smashes things, and that is what the Frenzier does too. Axe Axe Smashy Smashy. :evil:

13. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i have typing problems
    Lothric was the name, i just hope that he don't read this.
    /varnish